• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I rode to a softball game, daughters of a friend. The girls loved sitting on the NC. May have created two new riders.

Today I sweated. I rode from my house through Neosho to Golden City, Missouri (no gold there) to visit the family cemetery. My grandfather's first two wives are buried under the same marker. Then looped around to Pittsburg, Kansas to visit a friend. Then home. About 210 miles.

95 Fahrenheit plus humidity, heat index over 105. Celsius over 40.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I finished riding 30 of the Rustic Roads, sent the pictures in and got a reply, my patch and certificate from the DOT are on they way!

I realized that my license plate has been bending in the wind and actually cracked just below the mounting bolts. I ordered a stainless steel plate backer from amazon and bolted it on there with stainless steel bolts and locknuts. (The dealership had put a plastic one under there with advertising that I threw out on day 1. )

While running my mileage up to the 600 mile initial oil change I made a 90 mile loop today. I put my Sargent seat on and now have 165 miles on it so far and I am pleased compared to the OEM. Total mileage now is 415 miles and a couple questions. I have looked on the bike, I have looked in the owners manual but I still have no idea how to attach the supplied helmet wire to the bike! And yes, I did a search on the forum and still can't find it. I did check my tire pressure, and to my surprise the dealer had the tires inflated to 12 lbs psi. So much for depending on dealers to prep bikes correctly. I was going to bring my bike to the dealer for the 600 mile inspection but after the tire pressure and after speaking to a service person at the dealership I think, no, I know I will be better off doing it myself.

While running my mileage up to the 600 mile initial oil change I made a 90 mile loop today. I put my Sargent seat on and now have 165 miles on it so far and I am pleased compared to the OEM. Total mileage now is 415 miles and a couple questions. I have looked on the bike, I have looked in the owners manual but I still have no idea how to attach the supplied helmet wire to the bike! And yes, I did a search on the forum and still can't find it. I did check my tire pressure, and to my surprise the dealer had the tires inflated to 12 lbs psi. So much for depending on dealers to prep bikes correctly. I was going to bring my bike to the dealer for the 600 mile inspection but after the tire pressure and after speaking to a service person at the dealership I think, no I know I will be better off doing it myself.

...but I still have no idea how to attach the supplied helmet wire to the bike! And yes, I did a search on the forum and still can't find it...

After trying to figure that wire out on the road and giving up I decided one day in my garage with time to spare to put all my resources to it and figure out what they meant for me to do with it...fail. That whole idea is flawed and I've given up on it. I carry a cable lock like this

download.jpg

which I can string through my jacket, helmet, pants.

...12 lbs psi...

My bike was 42 front 42 back. It was supposed to be 36 front 42 back. Better than 12 but still not right.

Rode frome Snoqualmie Falls to Long Beach, WA today, and we encountered a little rain. It was all good once we finally reached the beaches on 101.

ee4254c77accec7d91b83d3c9c50b715.jpg

91c5b66211a1a56a750d042d2bc3e094.jpg
b5a49d97d46a51d930037f41c0683813.jpg

I went to the local hardware store and got some wire and ferrule and made up a longer loop using the old plastic padding. I also have a locking carabiner. I use those to lock helmet and jacket to the bike.

You can see the wire hanging off the back of the top box.

20160613_064053_zpsa41jbvwn.jpg

I have looked on the bike, I have looked in the owners manual but I still have no idea how to attach the supplied helmet wire to the bike! And yes, I did a search on the forum and still can't find it.

Hello Paul,

I took that wire, doubled it up end to end at the hook to make a loop and then put a Helmetlok through it. So far very effective for me.

WP_20150710_001 (Medium).jpgPlease see the attached pic...

page 53 owner's manual.

Loop the helmet holder through the d ring and back through itself.

Put the other end over the hook at the left rear of the area under the passenger seat.

I have looked on the bike, I have looked in the owners manual but I still have no idea how to attach the supplied helmet wire to the bike! And yes, I did a search on the forum and still can't find it.

You can pass the cable through the helmet's D rings and then both open eyes over the hook under the seat, or pass the cable through the helmet's D rings, then loop one eye of the cable through the other eye, and hook the open eye over the hook. Then close the rear seat and latch it.

Location of hook under seat as shown here:

NC700X helmet hook.jpg

So you need to use five eyes to make it work?

You can pass the cable through the helmet's D rings and then both open eyes over the hook under the seat, or pass the cable through the helmet's D rings, then loop one eye of the cable through the other eye, and hook the open eye over the hook. Then close the rear seat and latch it.

Location of hook under seat as shown here:

Back to the Beginning

Stripped her to stock, just like when I brought her home.
Didn't realize how much stuff I had put on her in 9 months.

Next week, my African (DCT) queen comes home. My NC goes on parade
for the next lucky owner- "hakuna matada".

Kinda sad day for my NC.
But I am feeling like I did when I said goodbye to my bachelor days.

Today I added a Puig Touring Windscreen and a Center Stand to my newly arrived 2014 NC700X, picked up my new HJC helmet and had the CB mike transferred (actually yesterday) since my Scorpion hit the ground hard when I wrecked the 2012 NC and I even put two reflective silver Dragons on the back of the helmet from my trip yesterday. I also added a USMC Dragon on the windscreen on the right side and the USMC emblem on the left side. After the center stand I cleaned and lubed the chain. Now its ready to roll again.

Rode to my dealer to order some extra bits; Since their 'ride a Honda' event was today my 2016 DCT attracted the interest of a couple other riders. We chatted about the DCT & my overall impressions of the scoot (I love mine)

Last edited:
So you need to use five eyes to make it work?

2 cable eyes + 1 eyeball (Arrr Matey 0/20) = 3
2 cable eyes + 1 eyeball + 1 corrective lens (Arrr Matey 0/60) = 4
2 cable eyes + 2 eyeballs (20/20) = 4
2 cable eyes + 2 eyeballs + 1 corrective lens (XX/20) = 5
2 cable eyes + 2 eyeballs + 2 corrective lenses (XX/XX, XX/XX) = 6

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back