• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took her for a test ride at the dealership, full visual review, completed paperwork and rode her home... with some detours of course! Then rode some more, looked at this awesome forum to find the thread that I remember reading a long long time ago that explains how to open the document holder at the bottom of the frunk so as not to break it! Started to read manual and decided a sunset ride was in order as I "needed" to go to the grocery store 4 miles away. Added another 30 miles to her in doing so and then put said groceries in the frunk and rode home with a huge grin! I liked my PCX, but I'm not sure I'll be able to ride it very far ever again!! It will be relegated to kids trainer with a note to self not to let them ride Dad's bike as they'll likely not want to go back either! All of this followed by some manual review and forum review!! Noticed my post in the new member section still hasn't been approved, unless I'm doing something wrong?!

Washed her up today, and wiped her down with Honda Polish. First time in MONTHS I've cleaned this bike.

BTW, to any who are unaware, Honda Polish (spray can) is some of the very best cleaner & polish there is, PLUS it's super inexpensive.

I took a buddy and we did about 260 miles and ate a hotdog.

0423161123a_zpsoauukrdr.jpg

Made me a rear splash guard from a black piece of plastic (protects the shock absorber) then lowered my foot pegs 20 mm allá "Lucky" :)
Removed the "rubber" and filed them "taggigare" (Swedish) for better grip in the mud.
Raised the Handlebar 35mm
(Before buying or constructing a permanent lowering of foot pegs I usually just hang them lower with a standard M8 bolt to try me to the right height! Now, this tends to keep over 1000's mil so ..... :) Do not forget to switch feathers, right to left, and of course left to the right side, then it works)
Like simple inexpensive solutions .
Now it is approaching a "race" with film and gravel spray :)

IMG_1986.jpgIMG_1987.jpgIMG_1988.jpg

Last edited:
Made me a rear splash guard from a black piece of plastic (protects the shock absorber) then lowered my foot pegs 20 mm allá "Lucky" :)
Removed the "rubber" and filed them "taggigare" (Swedish) for better grip in the mud.
Raised the Handlebar 35mm
(Before buying or constructing a permanent lowering of foot pegs I usually just hang them lower with a standard M8 bolt to try me to the right height! Now, this tends to keep over 1000's mil so ..... :) Do not forget to switch feathers, right to left, and of course left to the right side, then it works)
Like simple inexpensive solutions .
Now it is approaching a "race" with film and gravel spray :)

I like the flap. Obviously you avoided penetrating the ECU with the screws.

I'm not sure how much it helps. We'll see. I'm looking at a bunch of 500 mile days in June. Then, we'll know.

Rode across the state to the honda dealer to look at a Vfr1200x, dct Nice bike. I almost took it home.

Put about 400 miles on the bike this weekend. First weekend out after a long time. It was great. Saturday was a RTE at a great little BBQ joint in Georgetown KY. But the actual highlight of Saturday was finding KY607 - tiny and curvy, and if you are lucky enough (like we were) to get it without any traffic, it was one of the best rides I have had in a long time. It was a blast. After the BBQ place, headed down to Wild Turkey distillery for a taste and to extend the day. Then, headed home from there. Sunday was just riding around town and then down river road and out US42 for a bit. just over 200 miles on both days.

KY607.jpg

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

S10C0001.JPG

Deckyon: I was hoping you got video of hwy 607. I was recording but I was a dumbbutt and didn't turn off the camera while we were eating and it overwrote the video from 607 (all i got was black video-from inside the frunk while we ate).

US 421 North of Frankfort Ky.
[video=youtube;mcr-Vt_tQJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcr-Vt_tQJU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I didnt get any. Didnt have the camera with me (still working on getting the right earphones). I do plan on going back and getting some video - that road was amazing.

Made some more adjustments, refreshed and tucked away tools, and loaded up more gear for my trip to Kentucky this weekend. Just have a few last minute additions to make tomorrow night and then hitting the road as soon as I can peel away from the kiddo Thursday. Happily the weather forecast has improved - there for a while it was looking like a very wet, miserable weekend indeed.

Made some more adjustments, refreshed and tucked away tools, and loaded up more gear for my trip to Kentucky this weekend. Just have a few last minute additions to make tomorrow night and then hitting the road as soon as I can peel away from the kiddo Thursday. Happily the weather forecast has improved - there for a while it was looking like a very wet, miserable weekend indeed.
Oh, it is going to be wet-looks like Friday is going to be a dry day, but rain yesterday, rain today, rain tomorrow, rain Saturday, rain Sunday. You coming over for the Rolex 3 day eventing?

Oh, it is going to be wet-looks like Friday is going to be a dry day, but rain yesterday, rain today, rain tomorrow, rain Saturday, rain Sunday. You coming over for the Rolex 3 day eventing?
It's still a less wet forecast than it had been. I am coming for Rolex. Been on the to-do list for over a decade, finally close enough and have the funds at the same time.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for occasional showers versus torrential downpours. Shh, don't burst my bubble.

It's still a less wet forecast than it had been. I am coming for Rolex. Been on the to-do list for over a decade, finally close enough and have the funds at the same time.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for occasional showers versus torrential downpours. Shh, don't burst my bubble.
Just bring your motorcycle rain gear and wear it if it rains. Right now, the forecast for Friday (0%), Saturday (60% spotty t-storms), Sunday (80% thunderstorms, especially in the late afternoon). Isnt Friday the Dressage, Saturday the steeplechase course, and Sunday the showjumping. If so, you may luck out and have no rain while the competitions are going on. Thunderstorms in this area have a tendency to wait until after 2pm ET to start. Perfect temps forecasted-lows in the mid 50s and highs in the mid 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back