• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should meet us for lunch on Saturday. Would suggest coming through Madison, however... Louisville is gonna be screwed on Saturday with Thunder.

You want to meet up somewhere around Frankford Saturday morning, or somewhere on 421??

Check your PM inbox.

Looks like I will be running through New Castle, KY (on 421) about 10:15 (give/take). I have a whole route set up for new (to me) roads for the ride in. I am not going anywhere near Frankfort.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/CbuD6P

Grey1one, Did you have the same problem with the bolts as I did? The unthreaded part being to big.

No, on mine the bolts were changed out because the thickness of the mounts left too little thread available for proper engagement on the stock bolts. I have the Givi/Kappa guards and they didn't come with new bolts.

Got my nut plates from Dale today, so I reattached my windshield. It hadn't started flapping or anything, but we were adjusting the bars and noticed the well nuts dying. Small human helped (and by "helped" I mean tried to feed things to my exhaust).

I made the spring oil change this morning, replaced the headlight with a Cyclop Led kit, put on the TechSpec Gripster ''Frunk'' Grip and road tested all this.
I noticed one thing about oil change...It is the first time I use semi-syntetic motor oil (Motul 5000 10W40 and Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter No M1-110) and no more noise at idle when clutch is released...This noise was there before and since the first day... Anyone noticed the same thing ? I used mineral oil before.

Took a ride through the Japanese mountains. It was a fantastic ride.

Unfortunately, this may be my last ride on the NC. It's going up for sale this week since I can't get it back to the States when I leave next month. I'm really going to miss it.

FullSizeRenderv2.jpgIMG_0907v2.jpgIMG_0914v2.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 187
I don't get it. Are you in the USAF? They should ship it under PCS move.

Yes, I could ship it there no problem. Import fees/taxes, changing everything to meet DOT standards, and trying to get it titled would cost way more than it's worth. I love it, but not enough to invest double what it's worth. If they sold the S in the States it would be a lot easier, but since they don't, I'd have to invest way too much into it.

yesterday I decided to give the bike a good thorough clean up. clean all nooks/crannies.
polish the silencer and it came up nice and shinny.also for the 1st time since respray I use mer polish and what a transformation.
this really has brought out the sparkle in the paint.
the rear light had small scratches and looking rather dull so I put some rubbing compound on and rubbed for awhile,wiped off and mer polish it.
it came up like new.

today I checked and pumped up both tyres,check the play in the chain and all is ok.
while I was at it I loosen the triple clamps and let the fork come through..7mm on both side.
I doing this in small stages to see if it improve steering(a little sharper)
I didn't bother with pictures I'll let your good imagination figure it out.lol

Yesterday we were some guys from the local mc club, who went to Egeskov Castle (Denmark). Egeskov is an old estate who has been transferred to a museum for old mc´s and other stuff. Highly recommended. More than 5000 bikers were there.
20160422_113722.jpg20160422_121213.jpg

Attachments

• 20160422_122528.jpg
    20160422_122528.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Finely put my PR4's on and did the fork oil when I had the tires off, rides great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back