• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah a small tube is 4 bucks at home depot. Get the tube like toothpaste not the cartridge for a cocking gun. Moisture getting in was the only consistent complaint I saw

I just added those to my bike, I wired directly to blue wire (hot, switch to high beams) and green wire on the oem aux. wire harness. Hard to go wrong with $18 lights.

I bought the Denali light bar from twisted throttle. They are very bright. I could not imagine spending $300 for the Denali after seeing these. However, we shall see how they "endure".

38766a4cae22eda088a175973df639f6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That link is to a GMC light bar mount kit that is 100 bucks????
I saw some of those lights. They seem really heavy to me.
I could not figure out what to get to mount them either. I have stock bike with no extra bars etc.
I wish I could find some that were shielded/focused/housed so they could be used all the time. Even the expensive Denali's are not that way.
A small car headlight would be nice except for the cost of car parts........

Rode to the closest BMW dealer today, they were having an open house. Are somee free food, talked about my NC with curious BMW owners and test rode a 1200gs and a 800gs.

Very nice machines and some very friendly people but I rode home on my NC very happy and loving it even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That link is to a GMC light bar mount kit that is 100 bucks????
I saw some of those lights. They seem really heavy to me.
I could not figure out what to get to mount them either. I have stock bike with no extra bars etc.
I wish I could find some that were shielded/focused/housed so they could be used all the time. Even the expensive Denali's are not that way.
A small car headlight would be nice except for the cost of car parts........

Twisted Throttle carries the Denali Light Bar for the NC700X. Revzilla carries it as well but their site says it is out of stock. The Denali stock number is SKU: LAH.01.10000. $34.99.

I lucked out the PO bought the Honda light bar, now I just need to get the lights

After doing honey-dos in the morning, I replaced the chain and sprockets. The front was probably OK, but it is cheap enough to just replace it. The rear was still good, but the replacement JT sprocket is black, and it looks so much better. After I had it all buttoned up, I went for a little ride.

How many miles on that chain? I'm heading out west for a 7000 mile ride in June. Bought a new chain and sprockets for the trip. Currently at 8k miles.

Almost 15k miles. It had a tight spot, and a few kinked links. I replaced it with an RK chain because I really liked the RK that I had on my Nighthawk.

How many miles on that chain? I'm heading out west for a 7000 mile ride in June. Bought a new chain and sprockets for the trip. Currently at 8k miles.

I have 2013 dct, I have 8000 miles on the bike, I have a 5000 mile trip planned in August. I will probably add another 3k miles before then.

What sprocket and what chain should I order for the DCT?

went for a second ride today.sun was out but not for long ,after awhile it started to get cloudy but no rain thank goodness.
but it was very cold my hands started to get numb that how cold it was. I've got hand guards on but seems next to useless.
all it did was to direct cold air onto my arms,lots of mud,grit as well as puddles.I knew I should've worn my winter gloves. anyway heres a couple of pics.

dad 003.jpgdad 004.jpgdad 005.jpg

I wake up the beast from hibernation this morning and took her for a 200km ride:
Jacques-Cartier River, Tewkesbury
20160417_134410.jpg
The 2 next are for SUMO ;)
Jacques-Cartier River, St-Gabriel de Valcartier ( you can see snow slides of Le Village des sports de Valcartier in the background)
20160417_135846.jpg
Canadian Force Base Valcartier (stupid upside down pic and don't know why)
20160417_140405.jpg

Ahhhh! I got the bike back on the road today after finishing my spring clean up chores. The 4 month wait dissolved into thin air as soon as I rolled out of the driveway. It felt like it was just yesterday the last time I was riding, freezing my butt off in thick fog that caused the power leads to my electric clothing to short out.

Just installed the SW Motech Engine Guard/bash plate. I took my time to make it a perfect install with no problems. Looks great and adds excellent protection compared to the plastic covering that came with the bike.image.jpgimage.jpg

Ahhhh! I got the bike back on the road today after finishing my spring clean up chores. The 4 month wait dissolved into thin air as soon as I rolled out of the driveway. It felt like it was just yesterday the last time I was riding, freezing my butt off in thick fog that caused the power leads to my electric clothing to short out.

Same! Finally got my first NCX ride in since last December, auugh! Weather wasn't a factor, we generally have a faux winter here in Vancouver, but finances just kicked my butt these past several months :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back