• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Oil, Oil Filter Change Part Numbers and Prices (incl. DCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertux1

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently did the 600 mile first service on my 2016 NC700XD. I like to wrench on my vehicles myself, and if you do too, here's what you need to buy / know:

ItemPricePart NumberDescription
Honda GN4 10W-30 Oil$27.95https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NO0QZMU
Oil Drain Bolt Crush Washer$0.9594109-12000WASHER, DRAIN PLUG (12MM)
Main Oil Filter$8.7515410-MFJ-D01FILTER, OIL (TOYO ROKI)
DCT Oil Filter Cover O-Ring$2.4991302-PA9-003O-RING (39.8X2.2) (ARAI)
DCT Oil Filter$6.8515412-MGS-D21ELEMENT, OIL FILTER
Total$46.99
(These part numbers may be the same as older models too, and it is very likely since little has changed.)

Important Note:
The original factory installed OEM filter is extremely tight and you may have to improvise (read: drill / shove a screwdriver through it - prepare for mess...) to get enough leverage on it to unscrew it. Honda sells a wrench and filter kit, so get this the first time and see if it works for you:

Main Oil Filter + Wrench$15.7615010-MCE-H51FILTER SET, OIL
Torque Specs:

Main Oil Filter26 N-m / 19 lbf-ft.
Drain Bolt30 N-m / 22 lbf-ft.
DCT Cover Bolt12 N-m / 9 lbf-ft.

If you decide to get it dealer serviced, then make sure they do it right and replace all of the above when necessary according to the service manual.
I have heard that some dealers and service shops do not know about the DCT parts (yet).

The 2016 service manual prescribes longer filter replacement intervals than earlier models, but as always change them at your discretion.

If you learn to do this all yourself you can replace everything as often as you want for $50, and you'll know its done right.

I bought my parts from http://www.procaliber.com but you could also get them from http://www.bikebandit.com or anywhere else you can find things by part number.

Gah. My OEM Honda oil filter bought at the dealer was over $20.00 all by itself. The oil (Motul 5100 semi-syn) bought at a close by private bike shop was over $50.00 for 4 litres.

It is getting a lot tougher to keep trying to support local brick and mortar shops :(

Gah. My OEM Honda oil filter bought at the dealer was over $20.00 all by itself. The oil (Motul 5100 semi-syn) bought at a close by private bike shop was over $50.00 for 4 litres.

It is getting a lot tougher to keep trying to support local brick and mortar shops :(

Ouch! What does your dealer charge for an oil and filter change?

I have used HONDA Civic filter for 3 oilchanges. FRAM TG7317 for under $10 in any Walmart. My buddy was using MOTUL 5100 mineral oil and I bought Valvoline fully synthetic.

Here what we have after 12K km on my synthetic and 10K+ km on his motul:
Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 10.09.35 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-06 at 10.10.25 AM.jpg

I have used HONDA Civic filter for 3 oilchanges. FRAM TG7317 for under $10 in any Walmart. My buddy was using MOTUL 5100 mineral oil and I bought Valvoline fully synthetic.

View attachment 30020View attachment 30021

I'm interested but can't make out the numbers on the two reports. Oh well, I likely couldn't make any sense of them anyway. :)

i paid $170 for my first 600 mile oil change on a 2015 DCT .. bastards got me good

i verified on parts list that all applicable items replaced but only God knows if they really changed them

I recently did the 600 mile first service on my 2016 NC700XD. I like to wrench on my vehicles myself, and if you do too, here's what you need to buy.

I bought my parts from ProCaliber.com - OEM Motorcycle Parts & Motorcycle Gear
Thanks for the legwork and presenting it in an easy reference!

My 1st 600 mile oil change will be coming up real soon so I just ordered from procaliber enough filters, o-rings, and washers for the next three oil changes. Got the wrench set too, along with the adjustable Fork Caps for the Honda CB1100, Honda P/N 51450-MGC-003, that I want to try on my 2016 NCX.

Ray

Thank you for the legwork on all the part numbers! I did my 1st oil change (ever) on my NC using the info here and it went as smooth as it could have gone, even though I ran into the Honda Gorilla.

Quick question, I noticed in the youtube video that they didn't change the DCT O-ring if it looks like it's in good shape. Are you required to change the oring with each DCT filter change?

Thank!
Ricardo

If the o-ring is in good shape: not deformed, swollen, nicked, cracked it can be reused. A lot will depend on what to o-ring is made of (there are a number of different compounds). It's probably a good idea to have a spare one on hand just in case.

BTW, the factory installed oil filter is hard to get off, because although the gasket is probably lubed, the filter threads are dry when assembled.

Last edited:
If the o-ring is in good shape: not deformed, swollen, nicked, cracked it can be reused. A lot will depend on what to o-ring is made of (there are a number of different compounds). It's probably a good idea to have a spare one on hand just in case.

BTW, the factory installed oil filter is hard to get off, because although the gasket is probably lubed, the filter threads are dry when assembled.

That oring comes into contact with hot pressurized oil and will eventually degrade. You could probably reuse it for a long time but at some point it's going to turn to mush, tear and leak... Might as well replace it when the covers off and the oil drained... Same goes for the drain bolt crush washer, lots of people reuse them or flip them over, some filters come with them, right size, wrong size or not at all...

I think you're right about the filter too, I bet Honda puts everything together dry and then it sits like that in the crate for years... Bet they don't use anti-seize. The screw only gets lubed when you cut/stab/twist/mangle that thing off and make a mess. :)

Thank you for the legwork on all the part numbers! I did my 1st oil change (ever) on my NC using the info here and it went as smooth as it could have gone, even though I ran into the Honda Gorilla.

Quick question, I noticed in the youtube video that they didn't change the DCT O-ring if it looks like it's in good shape. Are you required to change the oring with each DCT filter change?

Thank!
Ricardo

Glad it worked out for you! Did you use the Honda filter wrench? I don't have it, just curious.

I change all the parts the manual says to because I'm not smarter than Honda engineers and it leaves one less thing a shady dealer can point to as the reason why your bike doesn't work.

Glad it worked out for you! Did you use the Honda filter wrench? I don't have it, just curious.

I change all the parts the manual says to because I'm not smarter than Honda engineers and it leaves one less thing a shady dealer can point to as the reason why your bike doesn't work.

I didn't have the official honda oil filter wrench, so I had to try two different types of filter wrenches from the local O'Reilies. The 2nd one worked like a charm, but the 1st one kept slipping so I returned it.

I'll change the DCT filter next time around. I changed everything else, but that O-Ring looked impeccable, or I was having a bit of the heat stroke from working in my garage for too long in the summer heat.

Last edited:
I change all the parts the manual says to because I'm not smarter than Honda engineers...

It has nothing to do with being smarter or more knowledgeable than Honda's engineers (but you may know more about than them about o rings if you read this. Stating, replace o ring, removes the need to use judgement about the state of the o ring by the person doing the work. It's Honda covering themselves.

View attachment 30020View attachment 30021
af0ea07dac779808e0616af20b812a8f.jpg

That exact filter fits almost every Honda car truck van and motorcycle properly (the only car that doesn't that I know of is the S2000 the little hot rod coupe), Napa filter is made by wix (great brand of filters) I get 4 quarts of great oil (not starting that discussion unless asked specifically) quick and easy. P.S. I don't have a DCT so no help there

May i ask where you got the 2016 Honda NC700X DCT ABS Service manual. I can't find it online. Honda refers me to Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated but they only have the 2015.
You may have to contact the Service Manuals, Owner Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, Service Bulletins - Helm Incorporated customer service, I ordered mine early last June: 1 of 61MKA00: 2016 NC700X/XD Service Manual @ $63.95 each.

Hope that helps.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back