• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016---NEWS, Fact or Fiction Bike model upgrades

pismocycleguy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was reading about the 2016 Honda Motorcycle news. It mentioned the enhancements for the NC750 for the new model year, (for the rest of the World), but also stated that the USA would continue on with the NC700. But it mentioned that the 2016 NC700 would be turbocharged and the DCT model would have 3 driving modes along with some other enhancements, and retail for approximately $8,000. Sounds too good to be true. I hope this "news" proves to be true. :confused: Time will tell! :p

Have not heard anything about the NC700X being turbocharged, highly unlikely. the DCT should have 3 sport modes, yes.

But
I was reading about the 2016 Honda Motorcycle news. It mentioned the enhancements for the NC750 for the new model year, (for the rest of the World), but also stated that the USA would continue on with the NC700. But it mentioned that the 2016 NC700 would be turbocharged and the DCT model would have 3 driving modes along with some other enhancements, and retail for approximately $8,000. Sounds too good to be true. I hope this "news" proves to be true. :confused: Time will tell! :p
There was also a mention of an improved seat for the NC. Not sure if was mentioned in the NC700 or NC750 future for 2016, maybe in both? But it should fit both models unless there is a major change to the frame involved. Maybe Honda "finally" heard about the wildly unpopular/uncomfortable stock seat. I guess we'll have to wait to see what 2016 holds for the NC family? :rolleyes:
Also forgot to mention that the 2016 is suppose to come with adjustable preload on the rear shock and the fork. Just like a "real" motorcycle.

Last edited:
Link to NC and VFR US models:

U.S. Market Gets Honda VFR1200X Adventure Bike for 2016; Other Honda Adventure Models Get Updates « MotorcycleDaily.com ? Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

NC700X

Popular with a disparate range of riders, the versatile NC700X gets exciting new styling for 2016, making for an aggressive, adventure-ready look. A 70mm higher windscreen reduces fatigue when riding at high speeds, and the new, smaller muffler has an improved sound and is lighter in weight. Luggage capacity has been increased by over .25 gallons to 5.8, and the taillight is now LED. The NC700X is offered with standard and automatic DCT transmissions, and for 2016, the DCT version now has three different sport-mode settings in addition to the standard mode, enabling riders to select shift points that suit riding style of preference. Ready for everything from urban commuting to carving twisty canyon roads, the 2016 Honda NC700X will make its world debut during the Tokyo Motor Show at month’s end.

^^^^^^^^^^ back in the day it was "BOLD NEW GRAPHICS". Seems everyone is using the same press release lingo.

Aggressive adventure-ready look is almost the same as the supercharger.

Argh!

Honda Canada is now going to finally introduce the DCT NCX model up here! :/

NC750X > Adventure Motorcycles from Honda Canada

Apparently the 750 will be the same as the rest of the world, with the LED headlight too.

Oh well. I'd get hosed for resale value trading in my 700, and many of the custom parts would not interchange, so it's not as if I'm going to buy one anyways...:(

Argh!

Honda Canada is now going to finally introduce the DCT NCX model up here! :/

NC750X > Adventure Motorcycles from Honda Canada

Those are the best pictures of the 2016 model so far. Nice looking bike on the surface, basically the same as many of us have now. 3 S-Modes would be a "Nice Have", not a necessity for me.

I will stick with NaNCy for many more years to come. She was my first "Brand New" bike that I paid all cash for. :eek:

The esthetic is really really great isn't it ?

tmshm004-20151029.jpg

Back