2016 NC700X DCT with Velorex sidecar

jwhat

Reaction score
Bike with Velorex sidecar-drives and handles great-2016 bike with madstad windshield, Cogent front shock rework, Rox risers, 3800 miles, $6800 with car.IMG_3043.jpgIMG_3044.jpgIMG_3041.jpgIMG_3047.jpg

Rapturee

Reaction score
That is an awesome set-up!! Oh man i only wish...2100 miles away....uhggg :{)

Last edited:

jwhat

Reaction score
It is a fun ride but the car is not big enough for a full grown adult. The bike has the power but the car is made for grandkids or you favorite dog.

Griff

Reaction score
I tried a sidecar once many years ago and promptly turned it over on a sharp bend. That was my one and only experience of them. Having said that I believe that power characteristics of the NC motor are well suited to sidecar use.

I recently met a Woman with a 300 Vespa and She had a Watsonian (I think) sidecar attached. It was added solely for the purpose of bringing her two Labrador dogs with Her on her travels locally.

IMG_0653.jpg

Last edited:

jwhat

Reaction score
Sidecars are a different animal and they can be turned over. I keep 50 to 60 pounds of ballast in this car. It gives me comfort and confidence. I take my time on curves and I rarely get to 65 mph on the straights. Like anything else practice counts. The NC is a pretty good fit for this particular car.

Griff

Reaction score
Sidecars are a different animal and they can be turned over. I keep 50 to 60 pounds of ballast in this car. It gives me comfort and confidence. I take my time on curves and I rarely get to 65 mph on the straights. Like anything else practice counts. The NC is a pretty good fit for this particular car.
Its a really nice outfit though and I think that once the word gets around we could see more NC's being used for this purpose. I totally agree with adding ballast. When I flipped mine there was no ballast in the car and I had not yet learned to accelerate around the sidecar so to speak.

A Friend of mine owned a Kawasaki 1300 with a sizeable sidecar attached. Back then She used it as her daily transport to shops etc etc. I remember once travelling behind her through a sharp curve int he road and the sidecar wheel was about 6 inches up off the road through the curve. She wasn't even aware of this, but She was extremely confident on it. Fortunately she never flipped it.

LeeInMpls

Reaction score
I tried a sidecar once many years ago and promptly turned it over on a sharp bend. That was my one and only experience of them. Having said that I believe that power characteristics of the NC motor are well suited to sidecar use.

I recently met a Woman with a 300 Vespa and She had a Watsonian (I think) sidecar attached. It was added solely for the purpose of bringing her two Labrador dogs with Her on her travels locally.

View attachment 37162
I've considered a Vespa and Sidecar. When my oldest son was at home, his buddies were into restoring old Vespas. This photo shows one of the reasons I want a sidecar, for my Akita. And also for winter riding. I may eventually end up with a Ural.

1-IMG_20180628_195953381.jpg1-momo fence.jpg