• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 nc700x dct 3400 miles stock tires live In Arizona

Azbutcher

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello folks and thank you for allowing me here. I just bought a 2016 nc700x dct it has 3400 miles with the stock tires. They look good but should I change them and if so what type, I live in Arizona with not much rain if any but summers can be 110 degrees.

Hello folks and thank you for allowing me here. I just bought a 2016 nc700x dct it has 3400 miles with the stock tires. They look good but should I change them and if so what type, I live in Arizona with not much rain if any but summers can be 110 degrees.
Honda recommends replacement of tires based on age no later than 10 years of age according to the tire manufacturing date code. Based on age alone, your tires do not need replacement. However you would need to determine whether the hot climate, sun exposure, storage environment, etc. has caused premature damage. (There is no sure way for people sitting at keyboards and communicating via internet to make that assessment on your tires.) You say they look good, so I would go with that and continue to use the tires.

There are many many prior discussions on tire preferences. I suggest you read prior threads. If we continue the “which tire should I buy” question here, you’ll possibly get a few dozen different answers.

You'll get a boatload of opinions, justifiably so as tires are usually subjectively reviewed and rated. I thought the hype about Michelin Road series tires was just that, hype. I've got about 1500 miles on them, and I have to say they are really good. Hot weather rider here too in SW Florida. Dunlop Rodsmart III were excellent also. I presume the same would be true for the Roadsmart IV. Relatively tame rider, suburban, country, highway, and city mix.

So long as there is good tread depth (there should be wear bar indicators in the treads) and the rubber looks good (not cracked or dry rotted), then they should be ok.

I only got 4200 miles out of my stock Dunlop tires in my 2015. It seems like the stock tires Honda supplied were made of cheese and wore out quickly. The tread was not very deep to begin with. My replacement set of Bridgestone T31 tires have 6000 miles on them and thread life so far is looking excellent. I expect to get many more miles out of them.

Honda recommends replacement of tires based on age no later than 10 years of age according to the tire manufacturing date code. Based on age alone, your tires do not need replacement. However you would need to determine whether the hot climate, sun exposure, storage environment, etc. has caused premature damage. (There is no sure way for people sitting at keyboards and communicating via internet to make that assessment on your tires.) You say they look good, so I would go with that and continue to use the tires.

There are many many prior discussions on tire preferences. I suggest you read prior threads. If we continue the “which tire should I buy” question here, you’ll possibly get a few dozen different answers.
Thank you

Back