• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 Coolant Leak :(

supertux1

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So my 2016 NC700x DCT has got a coolant leak :(

Its not gas and it’s not oil and it smells like antifreeze and it’s come if from somewhere near the cooling loop. I first noticed it on the right side but theres wetness on the left side as well.

The radiator itself appears dry. So I’m thinking it’s the pump seal or the thermostat seal. I have no problem draining the coolant and removing the radiator and all that. I could probably remove the pump as well but I’ve never torn the bike down that far.

What’s a good pressure test kit from Amazon or wherever that works with this radiator cap etc?

So my 2016 NC700x DCT has got a coolant leak :(

Its not gas and it’s not oil and it smells like antifreeze and it’s come if from somewhere near the cooling loop. I first noticed it on the right side but theres wetness on the left side as well.

The radiator itself appears dry. So I’m thinking it’s the pump seal or the thermostat seal. I have no problem draining the coolant and removing the radiator and all that. I could probably remove the pump as well but I’ve never torn the bike down that far.

What’s a good pressure test kit from Amazon or wherever that works with this radiator cap etc?
I found the issue! It’s not a coolant issue. The stuff is actually a very light oil not water.

The hose that comes from the valve cover was disconnected, and the reatining clip missing. Must have fell off or forgot to reconnect at last valve maintenance. I’ll find a hose clamp tomorrow.

Back