• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, especially for the price. If you stuff some cotton over the mic (in the case or taped over the mic without a case) it will help cut down on the wind noise.
Yea, I realized the built in mic is catching the wind noise from the tunnel of the bike. Next time, tape over the mic. It can record in 1080 or 720 p (the amazon page only lists the 720), and it can record in HD.

On the bike without the waterproof case:

With the waterproof case:

I had it but didn't have it figured out how to get the video to work; while I thought it was recording, it only took a couple of snapshots-not good ones either, back of a car and a tree-down next to the blue river access road we turned down. Duh, helped to read the directions and test the device at the same time as reading the directions. Actually, simple to start recording (I tried to make it more complicated-failed), turn on, it automatically starts up in video recording mode, touch middle of LCD screen-video starts recording. It also has a snapshot mode, which you can configure to automatically snap a photo every certain time period, or push the button or screen (while it is in snapshot mode). You can configure the video recordings for 5 min, 10 min, or 15 min clips-at the end of each time period, it will auto start a new clip. While testing yesterday, and battery lasting 1.5 hours, I had it in 1080p HD mode, next test will be to see how long battery lasts in 720p and video quality in 720p.

I dont think you will find the difference in the video modes to be noticeable in terms of video life. May only be a few minutes one way or the other. I havent noticed much of a difference between the 720/60fps and the 1080/30fps on the Sena. I did figure out how to run a wire from my pocket to the Sena to charge while riding (spare battery).

Davidc83,

Can you control the camera through the waterproof case?
Can you leave the waterproof case mounted and take out the camera?

<edit> I want a helmet mount. Does seem it would stick out far???

Last edited:
Davidc83,

Can you control the camera through the waterproof case?
Can you leave the waterproof case mounted and take out the camera?

<edit> I want a helmet mount. Does seem it would stick out far???
You can take out the camera and allow the waterproof case to still be mounted.
The only thing you can control on the camera while inside the waterproof case is on/off and the snapshot (as in pressing to take a picture) buttons.
However, the camera basically just sits inside the waterproof case and only a small latch on the back cover (takes about 2-3 seconds to open, insert camera, close back cover.
My camera did come with a camera mount and with camera only, I don't think it would stick out too far (never did it though)-it is small than a go-pro...

You can take out the camera and allow the waterproof case to still be mounted.
The only thing you can control on the camera while inside the waterproof case is on/off and the snapshot (as in pressing to take a picture) buttons.
However, the camera basically just sits inside the waterproof case and only a small latch on the back cover (takes about 2-3 seconds to open, insert camera, close back cover.
My camera did come with a camera mount and with camera only, I don't think it would stick out too far (never did it though)-it is small than a go-pro...

Smaller than a Go-Pro??? It looks big in the picture.
The dimensions are never correct. 3.2 x 4.5 x 8.6 inches (package) Who cares about the package! And the shipping weight. OK but not the actual weight.

Sheesh!

Must look at it more!!

How does the helmet mount look. I want helmet so I can look at something for pics and not have to stop and turn the bike at it.
Controls easy enough it was on helmet - to turn on and off???

Last edited:
The dimensions of the camera itself is approx. 3" (L) x 2" (H) x 1" (w). The pictures I took are close ups. If you go to the weblink, the picture shows the camera on the helmet mount or what they call the helmet mount. Never used a helmet mount so cant answer questions in regards to helmet mounts. I know the handlebar mount works good, and the suction cup has a lot of suction when used-not going to just pop off if used on the dash.

I had a great time on my NC700X today. Completely on a whim, I decided to ride over Trail Ridge Road to Grand Lake and Granby, Colorado. I finished an appointment at about 11 this morning and just decided that I didn't have anything else pressing for the rest of the day. I was originally planning to just have lunch at a Subway in Estes Park, but then I figured "what the heck" I'll just keep going. Honestly, if not for the need for the 600 mile oil change, I might have gone on to Steamboat Springs and got a hotel room for the night. They've got a Wal-Mart so I could've easily picked up a toothbrush and a change of skivvies!

In any case, for the unfamiliar, Trail Ridge Road is only open from about Memorial Day through Labor Day each year because it's pretty much impossible to keep it plowed during the winter. The road rises to a little over 12,000 feet MSL. It's a popular tourist attraction so I do pretty much everything I can to avoid driving it on the weekends. Some flatlanders drive the entire thing with a foot on their brakes and never exceeding about 12 mph. Trail Ridge Road runs through Rocky Mountain National Park so there's a bit of information on their website: Trail Ridge Road - Rocky Mountain National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

In any case, here's a shot of my NC700 at the Alpine Visitor's center near the top of the mountain. You'll notice there are no trees… The visitor's center is above the "tree-line." Trees don't grow up this high because there isn't enough oxygen.

trailridge.jpg

Coming down the western side of Trail Ridge Road, the first little town you come to is Grand Lake, Colorado. It's a bit touristy, but not real developed or real commercial. I had lunch at a place called The Sagebrush Bar & Grill. A reuben sandwich and french fries was something like $8.99. Some of these mountain towns really stick it to tourists so it was nice to pay a normal rate for lunch.

grandlake.jpg

Here's a shot of the bike in front of the Rocky Mountain National Park sign. I've installed the Givi frames for my V35 and V47 cases, but I didn't plan on going anywhere today so I don't have the cases installed. (This, and I forgot to order the top case mounting plate so I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail…)

rmnp.jpg

My bike now has about 625 miles on it so I'm planning to do the initial oil change tomorrow sometime. I ordered 3 OEM oil filters and some drain plug washers from an online place, so I'll just need to swing by the Honda dealer for the appropriate oil. Hoping for a relatively painless oil change. Doesn't look too bad… famous last words, right?!?! :)

Last edited:
Rode into work this morning, and was treated to a very surreal ride while riding along the river. Shot this with the Sena 10C - really starting to like the camera. now, if I can just get it to pair with the Sena Remote (and they allow it to operate the camera) then I would be all set.

[video=youtube_share;82pcmblLHH8]https://youtu.be/82pcmblLHH8[/video]

Last edited:
Rode into work this morning, and was treated to a very surreal ride while riding along the river. Shot this with the Sena 10C - really starting to like the camera. now, if I can just get it to pair with the Sena Remote (and they allow it to operate the camera) then I would be all set.

[video=youtube_share;82pcmblLHH8]https://youtu.be/82pcmblLHH8[/video]
Nice ride; too bad I have to ride thru that dang construction if I want to ride to work and they are scaring the heck out of me....

Last edited:
I had a great time on my NC700X today. Completely on a whim, I decided to ride over Trail Ridge Road to Grand Lake and Granby, Colorado. I finished an appointment at about 11 this morning and just decided that I didn't have anything else pressing for the rest of the day. I was originally planning to just have lunch at a Subway in Estes Park, but then I figured "what the heck" I'll just keep going. Honestly, if not for the need for the 600 mile oil change, I might have gone on to Steamboat Springs and got a hotel room for the night. They've got a Wal-Mart so I could've easily picked up a toothbrush and a change of skivvies!

In any case, for the unfamiliar, Trail Ridge Road is only open from about Memorial Day through Labor Day each year because it's pretty much impossible to keep it plowed during the winter. The road rises to a little over 12,000 feet MSL. It's a popular tourist attraction so I do pretty much everything I can to avoid driving it on the weekends. Some flatlanders drive the entire thing with a foot on their brakes and never exceeding about 12 mph. Trail Ridge Road runs through Rocky Mountain National Park so there's a bit of information on their website: Trail Ridge Road - Rocky Mountain National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

In any case, here's a shot of my NC700 at the Alpine Visitor's center near the top of the mountain. You'll notice there are no trees… The visitor's center is above the "tree-line." Trees don't grow up this high because there isn't enough oxygen.

trailridge.jpg

Coming down the western side of Trail Ridge Road, the first little town you come to is Grand Lake, Colorado. It's a bit touristy, but not real developed or real commercial. I had lunch at a place called The Sagebrush Bar & Grill. A reuben sandwich and french fries was something like $8.99. Some of these mountain towns really stick it to tourists so it was nice to pay a normal rate for lunch.

grandlake.jpg

Here's a shot of the bike in front of the Rocky Mountain National Park sign. I've installed the Givi frames for my V35 and V47 cases, but I didn't plan on going anywhere today so I don't have the cases installed. (This, and I forgot to order the top case mounting plate so I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail…)

rmnp.jpg

My bike now has about 625 miles on it so I'm planning to do the initial oil change tomorrow sometime. I ordered 3 OEM oil filters and some drain plug washers from an online place, so I'll just need to swing by the Honda dealer for the appropriate oil. Hoping for a relatively painless oil change. Doesn't look too bad… famous last words, right?!?! :)

That is a great ride. The ride on Poudre Canyon is not to be missed. We did that ride but went up to Walden and out Poudre to Fort Collins. Fall colors should be full soon and those rides are great.

Not Today but last week I took advantage of the good weather and rode down to Maggie Valley NC, rode part of the Blue Ridge Parkway , and a bunch of the back roads in the area.
I rode 209 the rattler on the way home, it's being repaved in areas, so just a heads up if your headed there.

1-P8131076.jpg1-P8131109.jpg1-P8131158.jpg

That is a great ride. The ride on Poudre Canyon is not to be missed. We did that ride but went up to Walden and out Poudre to Fort Collins. Fall colors should be full soon and those rides are great.

I'll probably do that ride sometime in early September. I'm thinking about buying a vacation place up in Steamboat so I need to go drive through a few neighborhoods. If Trail Ridge is still open I'll probably go westbound over Trail Ridge and then home via Rabbit Ears pass, Walden and then the Poudre Canyon.

I did my 600 mile oil change today and while I was at it also installed the OEM center stand. The oil change couldn't have been easier. The center stand worked out ok, but I did manage to draw blood in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back