• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, not today, and not necessarily to my NC, but I took and passed my MSF Motorcycle Safety course. And the box was cake! We had a mix of different bikes for the course, mine was a Honda Nighthawk 250cc. Old enough to have drum brakes front and rear. Had a great time, and met some great people. I feel a lot more comfortable now, and got some great instruction on how and why things are done a certain way.

Should be required for anyone getting a motorcycle, I think.

Did my fourth valve adjustment yesterday, every valve was bang on the middle of spec still. I timed myself, took 80 minutes from taking the first tool out of the drawer to putting the last tool away. That wasn't rushing, just a steady pace while chatting with a buddy. Love how simple this thing is to work on.

Today, RIDE. Headed out West in a few minutes to see my Mom on her birthday, should be about a 300 mile round trip.

trey

I have over 63,000, and still have not had to adjust a single valve, but the valves are getting close to adjustment. Can not say the same for the chain, goes threw the chains and the sprockets every 12,000 like clock work. I hate chains, and guess what I have to delay, put off doing, postpone action, defer action, be dilatory, use delaying tactics, stall, temporize, drag my feet/heels, take one's time, play for time, play the waiting game and procrastinate doing the chain and sprocket change again! Sun is out, time to RIDE!

Just mounted the GIVI Engine guards (crash bars). Little bit of a chore, but not too bad. I did the bolt upgrade as recommended somewhere on this forum.

I tried the SWMotech guards, but they were a bad set and didn't fit. Sent'em back and got the GIVI's.

Did the inaugural oil/filter change at 622 miles. Engine must be purring pretty good as I couldn't find hardly a shaving of metal in there. Only one tiny visible piece that I could find after screening the oil. I will say it was a bit dark already though. Also adjusted the throttle cable, checked the bolts and pulled out the baffle in the Leo Vince. Not much louder then with it in, but has a deeper sound that is nice!

I installed Cee Bailey tall dark windscreen. Nice upper body protection. The wind still hits me in the helmet, but it's not bad. I can duck down if I have to. Seems to be secure, but not over tightened. 900 miles on the clock...Time for a good long ride!:D

Just mounted the GIVI Engine guards (crash bars). Little bit of a chore, but not too bad. I did the bolt upgrade as recommended somewhere on this forum.

I tried the SWMotech guards, but they were a bad set and didn't fit. Sent'em back and got the GIVI's.

That is weird. I read that several people having problems with mounting the SW-Motech Crashbars. For me it was a perfect fit and a super easy install. I wonder why that is.

New handlebars are on.
ROX risers are on.
Windshield is on.
Mirrors are on.

Still need to install the internal weights & end weights.

It's getting close...
thumbsup.gif

edit: OH... forgot to mention one important fact. I SAVED THE OEM HEATED GRIPS!!!!! At $300 I wasn't gonna give up easily on those.
wink05.gif

Last edited:
New handlebars are on.
ROX risers are on.
Windshield is on.
Mirrors are on.

Still need to install the internal weights & end weights.

It's getting close...
thumbsup.gif

edit: OH... forgot to mention one important fact. I SAVED THE OEM HEATED GRIPS!!!!! At $300 I wasn't gonna give up easily on those.
wink05.gif

What new bars did you use and why? I don't like mine, but just can't figure out why.

I had originally purchased Hurricanes from Webike.
They didn't come with any of the holes drilled to keep the controls from turning, etc.
So I ended up going back with the OEM Honda bars.

You might want to try adding the 2" risers. Those really made a big difference with just sitting on the bike.

Rode WA Hwy 165 to the Carbon River Ranger Station

Had a nice ride this morning - beautiful views and lots of turns. Rode from Fox Island/Gig Harbor to HW 410 through Bonney Lake and Buckley, out to & through Wilkeson and Carbonado. Wanted to see the Carbon River/Fairfax Bridge and Carbon River Ranger Station. Nice scenery, few cars, perfect ride.Wilkeson - Carbon River 4-15.jpgWilkeson1 4-15.jpgWilkeson2 4-15.jpgWilkeson3 4-15.jpg

Next, the Carbon River Bridge. You can smell the creosote.
Carbon River Bridge 4-15.jpgCarbon River Bridge2  4-15.jpg

Finally, the destination...
Carbon River1 4-15.jpgCarbon River2 415.jpgCarbon River Ranger Station 4-15.jpg

profile pic forum.jpgI am currently down with a retina repair and therefore cannot ride. So I spent my afternoon taking the trickle charger off the bike after blindly putting it on a few days ago. Pulling out to the driveway and letting engine run while debating lack of vision versus maybe a quick ride around the block. Sigh the lack of vision won out.

Last edited:
Yes, the reach to the ground was hurting my legs and back to much. Tried all I could and since last fall I just wasn't happy with it.then the shock going out and the whining noise when it got wet was driving me nuts. I think the shock was the final push. Any who good bunch of folks on here,really enjoy the post.sad to go but they say if you don't turn and look at it when you get off you bought the wrong one.I stopped looking last fall.I'll have some things up for sale on a few days.all b safe.

No need to rush off. You can stay and hang out as long as you like.

Enjoy your new ride!

No need to rush off. You can stay and hang out as long as you like.

Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks,I will good buch here and I like the pics of all the places.tried the chain drive and just didn't like it.I missed the crusers,now I'm back to laid back,floor board's, toe heal shifter.

I finally did Showkey's seat mod using chair tips with a half inch dowel piece inside the rubber tips to give about a 1 inch rise to the front of the seat (a 5 inch mending plate bent at the two inner predrilled holes made a well fitting bracket.) I am quite pleased with it.

Last edited:
I nuked my $$$$ Nitron shock today.

Hope it's able to be repaired, but even at that, I cringe thinking about the cost and hassle to get it done. Ugh.

:Sad Panda: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back