• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought my wheels in to have new Avon distanzia tires put on. Couldn't wait for the wife to get back with the car so I loaded up on my scooter.
c9d83322417daf8a1bf3e7f6bbe9d294.jpg

He started right away on them, only had the wait 30ish minutes, got a burger in the mean time. Scooted home, popped them back on and away I went to scrub'm up! I can tell I'll like them a lot more than the metzlers.
05bb4c034a39fad8a9063a7e7c0c6c36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No riding tonight, even though I was really tempted... I mean, REALLY tempted. However, I have been putting off an important task for far too long...

I washed Raven.

She is now black again, instead of the bug-gut green and yellow and road salt gray. Forgot just how good-looking this motorcycle is! Well, not really, because under all the different road-grime colors, her lines and curves were always visible. But I feel accomplished. I did need to get the salt off from all the winter riding I was able to do despite the temperatures and crappy weather.

I am still tempted, but I have some other things to get done tonight. But I am really tempted. I will be riding tomorrow into work, as I have to be able to make it to the far south end of town for my Motorcycle Safety course.
Problem with black is it shows dirt more than any other color. I like the silver on my Honda truck and NC. Washing my ride is something I don't enjoy and takes away from riding time.

Problem with black is it shows dirt more than any other color. I like the silver on my Honda truck and NC. Washing my ride is something I don't enjoy and takes away from riding time.

We have had so much salt from the winter, and then all the rain, even a silver bike would need washed... would be just as corrosive no matter the color.

Brought my wheels in to have new Avon distanzia tires put on. Couldn't wait for the wife to get back with the car so I loaded up on my scooter.
c9d83322417daf8a1bf3e7f6bbe9d294.jpg

He started right away on them, only had the wait 30ish minutes, got a burger in the mean time. Scooted home, popped them back on and away I went to scrub'm up! I can tell I'll like them a lot more than the metzlers.
05bb4c034a39fad8a9063a7e7c0c6c36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi yearroundrider, what kind of a deflector do you have on your windshield? Does it help much? I'm 6.1 and feel like I'd love to get some more protection than the Honda tall screen can offer. How tall are you? Thanks!

First ride to work this morning, first ride of the year was yesterday. It was 38F this morning when I left the house with just a thin down vest under my one piece yellow Roadcrafter no jacket or gloves liners, I couldn't find them. I was taking a set of powered computer speakers in to sell to a coworker and found that they would not fit in my Givi E22 cases so I had to run out to the shed to retrieve my Givi Maxia top box and put that on the bike. When I opened the Maxia guess what I found inside? My electric jacket liner and gloves liners. I left them in there as I was running late. Yesterday I should have had my new SJCam Gopro clone filming when I took the bike onto I-89 for a blast at elevated speeds. I was running downhill at 75 and was passed by a mini SUV going about 85. The SUV got about 300 feet in front of me when they touched their brakes just as they got to a U-turn in the median behind a giant boulder where state troopers like to hide with one sitting right there. Everyone slowed down and I thought we were all OK but the statie pulled out and came after us. I slowed a bit more and the patrol car passed me slowly and got into line ahead of me behind the SUV. We all rode like this for about a quarter mile when the blue lights came on and the trooper pulled the SUV over.

Added the Givi trunk from my Vstrom to the wife's NC yesterday. Some things are just to big for the Frunk! I used the Givi arms and a plate made for the late model weestroms. She didn't seem to appreciate it when I told her it was now a "Granny Grocery Getter"

Beautiful day, nice country, great bike.

IMG_0004.jpg

My summer riding jacket finally gave out after 5 years so I ordered this jacket which was on sale at Revzilla. With discount and bonus points the price dropped from $220 to $130 shipped.

T_GP_PLUS_AIR_RED_BLK_WHT_FR_detail.jpg

Today i got my SW-Motech handguards, crashbars and panniers. So ofcourse i mounted them as fast as i could and then went for a ride. Real nice quality items and easy installs. I'm really pleased :)

WP_20150418_13_44_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20150418_13_44_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20150418_13_44_37_Pro.jpg

Also, nice picture i took on my way home :)

WP_20150418_20_32_51_Pro.jpg

Yes, the reach to the ground was hurting my legs and back to much. Tried all I could and since last fall I just wasn't happy with it.then the shock going out and the whining noise when it got wet was driving me nuts. I think the shock was the final push. Any who good bunch of folks on here,really enjoy the post.sad to go but they say if you don't turn and look at it when you get off you bought the wrong one.I stopped looking last fall.I'll have some things up for sale on a few days.all b safe.

Got my new California plate today and put it on immediately. Somehow the bike feels better...more "mine" now. (and I even got the stickers straight!)

Last edited:
Also, this happend to me yesterday when we stopped at a burgerjoint. Paid them about €2 for that show. Well worth the money!

[video=youtube;ZlYyQSFyJsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlYyQSFyJsw[/video]

Tell me what you think. I got the lower and upper at time of purchase. I wish I could take them back. IMHO a big waste of $$$. They aren't big enough to make a difference. I should bought the engine guards instead.

Did my fourth valve adjustment yesterday, every valve was bang on the middle of spec still. I timed myself, took 80 minutes from taking the first tool out of the drawer to putting the last tool away. That wasn't rushing, just a steady pace while chatting with a buddy. Love how simple this thing is to work on.

Today, RIDE. Headed out West in a few minutes to see my Mom on her birthday, should be about a 300 mile round trip.

trey

Tell me what you think. I got the lower and upper at time of purchase. I wish I could take them back. IMHO a big waste of $$$. They aren't big enough to make a difference. I should bought the engine guards instead.

Are you talking about the wind deflectors?

Yesterday - 16,000 mile valve adjustment . Changed front brake fluid. New grease on front alxe bearings. Changed anti freeze.
All the exhaust valve were a bit tight. Just enough to reset. Two intake valves were the same as the exhaust. None were so tight they would have caused trouble, just enough to wasn't to reset.

I also put balance beads in the front tire to try to get rid of the shimmy. It didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back