• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I rode the NC700X was September 2014. Then I found a job and winter arrived.
Today (11 April), and that's about 6-7 months?, I pressed the starter button.

Presto, she fired up like it was never winter.
Thank God for Honda and Honda battery. She just works. She's a keeper. Although I am eyeing a new GS (all the guys here know this already....old news).
:D

No water worries, just snow!

I've actually been in SoCal for just under 9 years this time around (plus 12 years when I was a kid). Most of that was spent in the San Diego area, I moved up to Ventura county right after my daughter was born. But yeah, hubby got a transfer back to his home state. Please don't remind me about the snow, I've already decided I'm going to hibernate November-April or so.
Chestnut,
At least you'll escape the upcoming California Mandatory Water Rationing. You can wash your motorcycle using real water, not imitation water!:rolleyes: and just think you can bathe for more than a "ONE MINUTE SHOWER"! So there are some benefits that come with leaving California!:)
Good luck with your upcoming relocation.
PCG

Got a 120 mile ride in on the new shock.it must have been going out for awhile,it felt like day one again.

I brought her home from the dealership!

Man, am I excited! Unfortunately, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get my motorcycle endorsement done and take her out to play. In the meantime, I will be all over the forums looking for advice, suggestions, and ideas to steal. I also suspect that 2weeks will be enough time to get some basics done (hand guards, graphite for the key slot, maybe heated grips, a radiator guard).
>Thom

I always enjoy posts like this. I often drill down into the map, via satellite view and see what landscape others are riding.

Also, nice to see parts of the world I would never get a chance to experience. Looks like a fun ride. I need to get out of the city and all this traffic!

Hey. Georgia is only about 3500 miles from Washington. We have the Olympic mountains, the Cascades, and beaches. Come on up.
>Thom

Installed my new Givi engine guards Friday night, no problem with fit, all went well. Saturday first ride of the year and with the new bike. 185 miles, left the house in the mid 40's rode down to Silver Bay on the northshore of Lake Superior and rode along the lake to Duluth and then headed north back home. Beautiful ride, sunny day and starting to learn and enjoy the DCT.

Got home from a 3 day ride called the Arkansas 500. It is a benefit ride for the Turpentine Wildlife Refuge. They are a rescue refuge for big cats.

DSCF0204.jpg

These 2 are brothers. Normally male lions won't live together but one is blind and depends on the sibling so they stay together.

DSCF0199.jpg

I rode up Thursday after work and camped at the refuge. Hearing lions and tigers roar through the night was, umm, unusual. Had around 50 riders this year. The owner of the refuge is a rider. His wife and son trailered our bags and cooked dinner and breakfast for us.
Split into several groups and rode around 170 miles of mostly dirt in the Ozarks. One group I was with for a while.

DSCF0209.jpg

At some point during the ride I think everyone came by to checkout the NC. We had riders from Iowa, Indiana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Louisiana, and who know where else.

There's my baby looking good

DSCF0222.jpg

On the way home at a rest stop on Hwy7. Dirty but running good.
DSCF0269.jpg

Got home from a 3 day ride called the Arkansas 500. It is a benefit ride for the Turpentine Wildlife Refuge. They are a rescue refuge for big cats.

I rode up Thursday after work and camped at the refuge. Hearing lions and tigers roar through the night was, umm, unusual. Had around 50 riders this year. The owner of the refuge is a rider.

Hmmm... hubby should be able to handle Tiny Human for an overnight or two this time next year. I'll have to check this out. I love big cats (does anyone not?).

Rode 250 miles today. Went to the world famous Pozo Saloon for a burger.
I really like this bike! Handles great for the speeds i ride. The frunk is awesome! The low revs are exactly the way I shift. I never liked wringing a motor out. (RD-350 was the exception.) Anyway, After about six hours saddle time, I was home in time to help the Mrs. with her flower beds. This was the second ride through the Central Coast foothills in two weeks. Pointing the tire East on the next trip...Sequoia park loop is calling.
Mike

First ride this year. 200 km to clear out the winter dust. After 2 hours, the engine became warm and smooth again. Great weather today. I didn't stop for photos, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasnt today, but on Friday I added a seat pad (gel) I got from CycleGear to see if it helped before saving up for a seat replacement. I didnt want to go with anything like the expensive AirHawks, because at that point, I would just wait and get a new seat. The one I got was a SpeedMetal Gel Pad. It worked fine on my longest ride so far, but I have a feeling I will be getting a new seat. That's OK, though. It worked for its purpose and I will keep it and have it for the even longer rides even after getting a new seat.

Few more days and she's gone.

First ride this year. 200 km to clear out the winter dust. After 2 hours, the engine became warm and smooth again. Great weather today. I didn't stop for photos, sorry.

One last ride before you trade it in, eh? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back