• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC700 Seat, Bags, Windscreen.

dark700

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, excited to join the community. Just bought my first motorcycle yesterday - 2015 NC700X with the DCT. Super excited to start riding/commuting here in Salt Lake City. With that being said, my bike is pretty bare. Got a good deal on it with low miles and need the following - a comfier seat, side or rear bags for storage, and a taller windscreen. The previous owner put on a junky mini screen thinking it looked cool.

Thanks!

Madstad is arguably the best windscreen out there.

Seats are extremely subjective and there are lots of options.
I like Corbin but the Corbin for the NC to me is not outstanding.

Givi has good plastic cases if that is what you want, if you are a DIYer and do any rugged travel, the Tusk Aluminum Panniers are great, albeit a little bulky IMO, from your 'state local' Rocky Mountain ATV MC.

20180525_084644-jpg.36806

Madstad is arguably the best windscreen out there.

Seats are extremely subjective and there are lots of options.
I like Corbin but the Corbin for the NC to me is not outstanding.

Givi has good plastic cases if that is what you want, if you are a DIYer and do any rugged travel, the Tusk Aluminum Panniers are great, albeit a little bulky IMO, from your 'state local' Rocky Mountain ATV MC.

20180525_084644-jpg.36806
Thanks for the reply. Great setup! Yeah it seems that comfort/aftermarket seats are pretty subjective but we all objectively hate the stock seat haha!

Welcome to the forum, and greetings from Madison, WI.

For the windscreen, I have a Moose Racing +9" (20" total) tall windscreen, and the "Dale's nutplates" mod for mounting. It works great, and is not so tall that I am looking directly through it while riding. One issue is that it generates a large amount of buffeting right at the top of my helmet. I fixed this by buying a generic "windshield extension" off of Amazon. When angled just right, it acts as a spoiler to break up the airflow caused by the sharp top edge.

For seat, I picked up a used Corbin seat from a member here, which is a drop-in replacement with just two bolts (I still have my original seat and seat pan).

For storage, I have the OEM top box. I got the box, grab handles, and mounting hardware as "open box" on eBay to make them more affordable. It's quite a lot of separate parts and the price adds up. Additionally, I think they are discontinued by Honda for the older models. There are lots of other opinions here on good luggage options, though.

Last edited:
I have the Madstad wind screen and like it a lot. I also have the SW Motec rear rack and side racks with Tusk large panniers.
NC700x.jpg

Welcome to the forum, and greetings from Madison, WI.

For the windscreen, I have a Moose Racing +9" (20" total) tall windscreen, and the "Dale's nutplates" mod for mounting. It works great, and is not so tall that I am looking directly through it while riding. One issue is that it generates a large amount of buffeting right at the top of my helmet. I fixed this by buying a generic "windshield extension" off of Amazon. When angled just right, it acts as a spoiler to break up the airflow caused by the sharp top edge.

For seat, I picked up a used Corbin seat from a member here, which is a drop-in replacement with just two bolts (I still have my original seat and seat pan).

For storage, I have the OEM top box. I got the box, grab handles, and mounting hardware as "open box" on eBay to make them more affordable. It's quite a lot of separate parts and the price adds up. Additionally, I think they are discontinued by Honda for the older models. There are lots of other opinions here on good luggage options, though.
Thanks for the feedback. I just got a puig 19 inch dark screen that is a significant improvement from the stock one but still not great. Might add an extension like you did. As for the seat - going to wait and see if a member here may be selling a corbin or seat concepts and try that one. As of now I just put this Purple mattress seat pad on top which helps a lot but isn't weather proof and is a pain in the a** to carry around.

Thanks for the feedback. I just got a puig 19 inch dark screen that is a significant improvement from the stock one but still not great. Might add an extension like you did. As for the seat - going to wait and see if a member here may be selling a corbin or seat concepts and try that one. As of now I just put this Purple mattress seat pad on top which helps a lot but isn't weather proof and is a pain in the a** to carry
I have the Madstad wind screen and like it a lot. I also have the SW Motec rear rack and side racks with Tusk large panniers.
View attachment 50203
What handguards do you have? Do they help with wind a lot?

I have a tall Vstream shield and LOVE it. I’m 6’ and even with a medium shield got a lot of buffeting from the face up. I put on the Vstream and it’s almost completely gone. His hand guards look like Barkbusters to me (same as mine) and yes, they do help with wind a bit but I find they’re more beneficial for stopping rocks and critters from smacking my hands.

Attachments

• 8096160D-5578-4810-97A3-6A5780FD8BED.jpeg
    8096160D-5578-4810-97A3-6A5780FD8BED.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 24
The handguards are Barkbuster Storm. I like them because they have a strong aluminum bar as the backbone that the plastic wind guards fasten to. Yes they do protect from the wind and bugs. They also protect the levers when the bike falls over.

Back