• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, there are two sticky threads, a what did you do WITH, and a what did you do TO. Seems the WITH thread has become a TO thread in the last few posts.

Just a reminder, there are two sticky threads, a what did you do WITH, and a what did you do TO. Seems the WITH thread has become a TO thread in the last few posts.

That's semantics… Should I add a " What did you do ON your NC700x today"? …lol
:rolleyes:
J/k
Confusing for us simple folk…. I will delete and move it… :)

That's semantics… Should I add a " What did you do ON your NC700x today"? …lol
:rolleyes:
J/k
Confusing for us simple folk…. I will delete and move it… :)

I'm just playing messenger here. I didn't create or stick either one of these threads. I am, however, duty bound to keep them organized. :)

Short ride thru Saguaro National Park West this morning. Washboarded dirt, gravel, hard and loose sand, nothing deep. Did ok. Did fantastic compared to my Buell Cyclone ; ) Would have parked that one horizontally several times. Seems like the NC's front could use a little less compression damping for the washboard stuff. Tried the crampbuster out. Works good on the freeway, didn't like it for city and despise it for dirt. (bottom of the frunk for U!)

Short ride thru Saguaro National Park West this morning. Washboarded dirt, gravel, hard and loose sand, nothing deep. Did ok. Did fantastic compared to my Buell Cyclone ; ) Would have parked that one horizontally several times. Seems like the NC's front could use a little less compression damping for the washboard stuff. Tried the crampbuster out. Works good on the freeway, didn't like it for city and despise it for dirt. (bottom of the frunk for U!)

RaceTech Gold valves make the washboard a lot smoother. I position the cramp buster low for in the city and spin it off on the bar end weight for dirt to get it out of the way.

Well I didn't do anything to or with the beast today, but it did do something TO me. I don't have a garage or a carport to store the bike so I normally just cover it with a bike cover. Got a bit lazy last night and didn't cover it and it bucketed down overnight. I was out in the morning wiping the NC down, when I somehow jammed me big toe into or under the front wheel (yes I was in bare feet - I'm a kiwi what can I say. And no I don't go riding in bare feet!!). Anyway ripped me big toe nail right off. To make matters worse it's me left big toe - makes changing gear a ***** I tell ya. Was going to post a pic but thought it might be a bit graphic. The moral of the story - cover the beast before going to bed...

Cody, you don't seem to have a chain guard. Is that dangerous? It certainly looks cooler that way and it's a pain taking it off for chain cleaning.

Cody, you don't seem to have a chain guard. Is that dangerous? It certainly looks cooler that way and it's a pain taking it off for chain cleaning.

Yes you are correct there is no chain guard yes and some weird scenario it could be dangerous but over the past 10 years of riding I have never had a problem or that strange coincidence happened to me and my personal preference I think it looks better without it the plan is to get the chain guard with the rear tire hugger eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to post up the pictures yesterday of how dirty she got after 2 miles on gravel roads time for a bath.

Cody,that is what I call being on lock down lol.your rims is it paint or plastic dip?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just got back from a weekend of riding and climbing.

IMG_0429.jpg
Nice and clean before the trip.

IMG_0431.jpg
At the trailhead

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg
The last thousand feet to the summit of Mt. Adams in Washington State.

Nice Bike, Troyba !! Wish I had one like it ....wait ...I do !! Looks like a great trip you've had !!

Can't wait till mid of next month !! Planning a trip to Washington State and seeing the "sights". Olympic National park, Mt Rainier, and the Casacdes !!!! Soooo excited !!

Went for a ride from home out on Key Peninsula - lots of riders out today. 70's and beautiful.[20140622_104524.jpg=CONFIG]18340[/ATTACH]20140622_104304.jpg

Attachments

• 20140622_104514.jpg
    20140622_104514.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 290
Cody,that is what I call being on lock down lol.your rims is it paint or plastic dip?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes it's plastic dip holds a great after about one months of being on you can use scrub brushes to clean it the plan is this winter to have the rims and the frame powder coated red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back