• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for an awesome ride with Cyclerosis leading the way across Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland country side. Always better bet for good routes meeting up with a local and Mike did an awesome job showing me some great roads I never would have found on my own. Was able to return favor with a couple I did find on my last trip here. Did 180 miles on the day.

Some pics.

Lock number 7 on C&O canal near Old Town
IMG_2584.jpg

Learning from OCR went through this gate to get the good picture. :)
IMG_2586.jpg

Low water private toll bridge across Potomac River near Old Town, MD. Picture in West Virginia looking toward Maryland side.
IMG_2591.jpg

Winchester, VA national cemetery on Veteran's Day.
IMG_2594.jpg

Went 2 up with my g/f and followed a friend on a KTM adventure visiting Doel in Belgium. It's a place with nuclear reactors, and is a village listed to be demolished to build a new harbor. Some folks don't want to leave and can't be forcibly removed. What remains is a ghost village of the 1980's with a lot of graffiti and tourists flocking to it. (also photo shoots with cars motorcycles e.t.c.)

IMG_20141111_110928.jpg
IMG_20141111_110943.jpg
IMG_20141111_113720.jpg
[video=youtube_share;ORGq8Vr3KQ8]http://youtu.be/ORGq8Vr3KQ8[/video]

Rode up to Twisted Throttle in RI, found some trails to have fun on nearby with a buddy on his Super Tenere. Lots of fun but we chickened out and turned around when rocks started turning into boulders! Dale's skid plate definitely came in handy here

Attachments

• IMG_9086.jpg
    IMG_9086.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_9089-4.jpg
    IMG_9089-4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_9092-3.jpg
    IMG_9092-3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_9097.jpg
    IMG_9097.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
Rode up to Twisted Throttle in RI, found some trails to have fun on nearby with a buddy on his Super Tenere. Lots of fun but we chickened out and turned around when rocks started turning into boulders! Dale's skid plate definitely came in handy here

Ha ha! Cue: Twilight Zone or similar soundtrack- with but a few very minor differences, riding with my buddy and his Super Ten, is pretty much same as your pictures :D

This morning's forecast : The front has moved through, possible scattered light showers in the morning, won't amount to much of anything ... took a ~130 mile ride.

IMG_20141113_133225673.jpg

I had a black engine and chrome muffler when I started, about 100 miles of the ride was in rain. The stock seat is bungied on the pillion, new Corbin seat is in place.

Only light sprinkles on the way home, I jinxed myself by thinking " well at least the rain has kept the bugs down as I have only had a couple hit my visor ". All of these " flies" hit at the same time, on a freeway, in traffic that was moving close to 70 mph. That'll teach me ...

IMG_20141113_133209784.jpg

Ha ha! Cue: Twilight Zone or similar soundtrack- with but a few very minor differences, riding with my buddy and his Super Ten, is pretty much same as your pictures :D

Thats too funny. I liked his S10, but its a BIG bike. He almost lost it on the trail, that would not have been fun to pick up. Not to mention all that weight coming down on you.

You have the same Corbin as I do,you will like it after a few brake in miles.

How do you like that Corbin seat? I've been thinking about one, especially with the heater, but they have so many material types I have no idea which one to pick for something thats perfect for every day use and waterproof.

Still had Cyclerosis's route in my GPS so took it again. Bit colder but a good ride anyway. Started seeing snow flakes going into Berkeley, WV. Tried out a different route back for some more good roads. 133 miles total with temps below 40 and snow flurries. With heated gear it was a great ride just slowed a little for the wet roads on the return. Love riding in this corner of Virginia and West Virginia. I WILL BE BACK!

Snickter I have the Corbin leather,it takes a little brake in to like it.now I don't know how I got along without it.the way it dips and fourms to my butt is nice.

I rode NaNCy down to the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA on Saturday the 15th. Honda was having Demo Rides, I was only 2-3 people away from signing up and they annoounced that all available 30 min ride spots for the day were filled up. More than 50 of us got turned away as a result. The crowd was not not "Happy" to say the least.

The good news is that I was able to score a new Shoei Neotec Helmet and a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Com System installed for the for price of Neotec by itself on-line. It turned out to be a good day any ways... :eek:

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

Did you see any new bikes you liked or take any pics?

No, not really. I'm a one brand guy, Hondas only. I did enter to a drawing to win a Customized Honda GROM though.

IMG_3826[1].jpg

I hung around the Honda camp for the sometime and was explaining the DCT to to everyone that was looking at the only NC700X there.

IMG_3827[1].jpg

I also owned these both over 20 years ago.

Yahama had a few interesting bikes, such as the FJ09. Nothing else caught my eye in that camp.

That's exactly the setup that I have. With no additional apps, my iPhone gives me GPS directions, music, and phone calls in my ear. Love it!

So far I like this setup too. I called my buddy and talked to him all the home to check out the call quality of the Sena. He told me that he heard me load and clear the entire way and I could here him just as well. I am also running an iPhone with this setup. :eek:

I rode NaNCy down to the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach, CA on Saturday the 15th. Honda was having Demo Rides, I was only 2-3 people away from signing up and they annoounced that all available 30 min ride spots for the day were filled up. More than 50 of us got turned away as a result. The crowd was not not "Happy" to say the least.

The good news is that I was able to score a new Shoei Neotec Helmet and a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth Com System installed for the for price of Neotec by itself on-line. It turned out to be a good day any ways... :eek:

View attachment 21307

View attachment 21308

I've been riding with a Shoei Neotech for almost a year and love it.

With a little break in the afternoon to clear my head and take advantage of a day with no rain, rode to the closest hill on my vicinity. Caramulo, an old tuberculosis sanatorium at the 1000 metres high hill summit.
Foto taken at the paragliding take off point. IMG_20141117_162006.jpg
IMG_20141117_161949.jpg
Another 300km on the clock and it has turned 19000km .
4000km in my hands alone in 3 months

Last edited:
After a couple weeks of snow/ice/freezing rain the weather finally decided to cooperate so I could get out for a nice long ride.

NovRide.jpg
Typical eastern Oregon shot.

NovRide2.jpg

I decided it was about cotton pickin' time I rode through Marana, the farming/ranching community northwest of Tucson. Mostly long straight flat roads (par for the course for US farming areas, mostly). Got a couple of shots extracted from the riding videos I take, featuring of the folks forming the freshly harvested cotton into semi-trailer sized loads to be picked up for delivery to more centralized processing plants.

Here you see a green tractor on the right, the cotton harvester just to the tractor's left, the yellow trailer-sized cotton brick compressor, and a couple of the trailer sized "bricks" of cotton.
Picking Cotton.jpg

Here's an zoomed shot of the compressor and a brick, with a man standing at the end of the cotton "brick".
Making cotton loads.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back