• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo.jpg

Clicked over 1000km the other night. I'd have liked to have been able to say something sexy like, "just clicked over 1000 while passing Mt Fuji" or something like that, but the reality of it was I was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by croaking bull frogs and mosquitos the size of small aircraft when I got off the beast to take this...

I purchased my NC about 6 months ago... and from the second I got in my garage I started on upgrades... first came the light bar, than the crash bars, than the replacement of the chain guard to the mudguard/chain guard, I felt the headlight wasn't bright enough so I purchased a rigid industries light, mounted it to the light bars after having it modified to fit than I got some aftermarket saddlebags. After all this the NC sat in my garage waiting for me to get my license and all the stuff that comes with that.... than today I finally took my first ride, everything went as advertised but with where I mounted the light it ended up damaging the front wheel fender, now its back to the drawing board to modify and relocate the light.

Today I purchased a powerlet kit and duel usb adapter for both my cell phone and navigation systems.

One thing I noticed today is when I was braking it would pull to the left, felt kind of odd... maybe its me being a noob rider? Has anyone had this same issue? Finally what are some equipment, tools or other add-ons for the NC that are important to have?

I have a friend that went to that rally and sent me a picture of you bike and told me the NC700 was being represented but that I should have been there too. Next year! Sounds like it was good times at a great place.

We had a blast and got a lot of long looks from the BMW dominated crowd!

Heading to Ohio for a long weekend. 557 miles in front of me today. Starting to wonder if I should take the truck.

Jeremy "Doc" G
Using Tapatalk on one of my Apple devices...it's cool, I know I have a problem.

Heading to Ohio for a long weekend. 557 miles in front of me today. Starting to wonder if I should take the truck.

Jeremy "Doc" G

Enjoy your trip and ride safe!

Jeremy "Doc" G

Weather looks good until Sunday.

Jeremy "Doc" G

I just noticed the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days was this coming weekend in Ohio. Wish I could go but I realized it rather late.

Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
I took the bike out for a quick 100 mile loop. A perfect day for us. Walked nine holes and rode over 100 miles. Stopped and had barbecue on the way home. Got unpacked just before our two grandsons came over. It don't get much better.

Rode the million dollar highway, took the long way to Utah through Durango, saw a forum member in the Moab desert, 13hr later pitched a tent in Provo Utah with OCR, and I can't even explain the twisting rainy roads I saw this man ride, just amazing
Sent from my Nokia 920

Guy in front of me on the Interstate slammed on his brakes in the construction zone - I grabbed the brakes so hard I skidded the front tire - don't do that if you don't have to!

Guy in front of me on the Interstate slammed on his brakes in the construction zone - I grabbed the brakes so hard I skidded the front tire - don't do that if you don't have to!

That will raise the hair on your back. LOL. Glad you didn't lay her down.

Rode it 10 miles to our farm to help with this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405034969776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405034969776.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 196
  • uploadfromtaptalk1405034980018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405034980018.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 194
Took it in for the 600 ( 760 actual ) mile service, everything was fine EXCEPT the chain has already stretched, they called Honda trying to get it replaced under warranty.
If the answer is no I still need to change it as they were barely to adjust it within specs.
If I have to buy one, is the DID chain still most favored?

Grey one,do you know if your chain had the recall chain replaced?the 2012 had bad chains.the dealer should be able to tell you if this was done or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I should update my profile, it's a 2014, I don't see any " branding " on the current chain. But 700 miles it way too short unless I were trying to use a bicycle chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back