• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 NCX= $3800 in trade value on a Ducati!!??

Flaferalcat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I went into Melillimoto Ducati dealer yesterday to look for and at the new Multistrada and maybe a Scrambler, as well as say Hi to the owners. The Scramblers are selling faster than they're coming in and the next 3-5? are already claimed once they get here. The new Multi is gorgeous! Way nicer than the gen-2 and I looked at a 2013 Hypermotard demo (I rode the same bike back in 2013), and I was interested enough to ask about a deal. WHomever was on the other end of the phone recommended 3800 for my red 2014 NCX... 4000'ish miles.
SAY WHAAAT??? On no he didn't??!!!
IT might have been because of the news of B.B King'S passing away I read yesterday, but I remembered that Blues song "Cheaper to Keep Her"? I think it was?
Anyway, I'm definitely not trading my "Li'l Bob'n Rob'n", I might trade my Vision though, although the wife would get mad. (Nothing new there!) :D
At least at that kind of trade price I feel better about making a few personalization's, having some fun it, and not wrecking the trade value.
Eric:)

PS..Yeah it's easy for me to get into negotiations at a dealership when I'm waiting out a particularly nasty part of a thunderstorm to pass over. ;)

Last edited:
I had the same experience when I was thinking about trading my 2012 NCX in on a BWM 800GS Adventure! I can keep adding farkles to the NCX and still be money ahead.

Plus the Bemmer doesn't have a frunk!

belrix

When considering a Ducati, also consider the maintenance costs. The dealers are exorbitantly expensive, and if you're a 'do it yourselfer', the dealer will not turn off the annoying 'maintenance' light that comes on periodically. And when left on, implies that you did not service your bike at the recommended intervals, when hoping for a good resale value. I had an 07' MTS and sold it for just that reason. Not letting any brand jail me to their dealer network. If I like a dealer, I'll patronize them, but won't be held in bondage to their brand of thievery.

Yeah, I was a Ducatista for awhile, and I read ya about that service thingy wrench/light thingy. It gives me pause too. As for thievery and poor customer treatment; there are 2 Ride-Now's which between them, own/sells every brand of bike except for Ducati, BMW (over 50 miles away), a Polaris dealer and a Yamaha dealer. Ride-Now and Polaris's costs/policies regarding at least Victory's have been much worse to deal with then Ducati was/is. That's my personal experience here though.
In fact, I really need to find a decent Honda tech for when/if something goes belly up on the NCX that I can't fix in the shed.

Last edited:
Most dealers will low ball you. They are looking to made a good profit and are often stuck with used bikes for a while. When I bought my 2014 in January, my dealer had a used 2012 silver NC700X. As of last Wednesday they still had it.

I'd suggest Craigslist. I've sold 4 bikes in the last 4 years - All for a good 25% more than a trade-in.

As irony would have it, I just got a letter in the mail from the NHTSA about recalling my 2012 Multistrada for a sticking throttle cable that won't allow the throttle to close casing high idling. HMM. That's actually one the "IMAGINARY" reasons, as I was told, that I traded mine for the Victory Vision at the end of 2013. :D
Gotta love it... lol

Last edited:
WHomever was on the other end of the phone recommended 3800 for my red 2014 NCX... 4000'ish miles.
SAY WHAAAT??? On no he didn't??!!!
If it makes you feel better just tell the dealer to add 4K to the price of the Duc and give you $7,800 for the NC...

These Italian bikes are beautiful and awesome bikes... just understand that comes with a substantially higher price. I have great respect for these bikes... but not the money to spend on them.
If you can afford the purchase price and maintenance cost and still be able to afford to travel on them, then go for it and ENJOY!
I'm glad there are people who can support these types of bikes, it would be sad if they did not exist.

I've had Ducati lust for most of my 62 years without ever buying one. I see it as the motorcycle equivalent of marrying a hot-looking crack addict.

Now, if I could RENT one! ;)

my Great big American corn fed half ton happy Hippo Gal from Iowa- The Victory Vision. She's big, she's fat, but she never complains or gives me trouble-except replacing 2 tail light bulbs. Just like those Hippo Ballerina's---uh- was it in Fantasia? She can move, dodge, bob & weave-and pretty fast for her size- though it's taken awhile for my eyes to truly appreciate her..uh..unique beauty.
And she's not jealous of and in fact likes extra female company. ;)
View attachment 26728
I thought for a moment that you were talking about your WIFE, and the next photo we'd see would be you on the ground! Lol!
You should be more definitive, or careful, with your adjectives!!!! :rolleyes:

I've had Ducati lust for most of my 62 years without ever buying one. I see it as the motorcycle equivalent of marrying a hot-looking crack addict.

Now, if I could RENT one! ;)

I haven't succumbed to the lust, either. But my head sure swivels when I hear one...

I think of her more as a coke-addict fashion model: beautiful, upscale, expensive, high maintenance, and I want my friends to see me with one.

Back