2014 CB1100 Black Beauty 6K miles mint/stock

DBM

Reaction score
Visit site
2014 CB1100 Black Beauty
6K miles, one owner, all stock, mint condition
Located in Brandon, FL 33511

After 40 years in the saddle, arthritis in my left hand has made using the clutch very painful after 100 miles or so. If I could somehow magically retrofit a DCT transmission into my engine, I would keep this bike forever. Love everything about this wonderful machine. I have come to the conclusion that if I want to continue to enjoy riding into the future, I will need a DCT. I am a 62 year old retired technician with 40 years motorcycle experience, and keep my toys as close to perfect as possible. I am looking for a leftover or new condition NC700X DCT. Open to any offers/trades/ideas.

Bought new June 2018 from Barney’s in St. Pete, FL
3 years left on a Factory Unlimited Mileage Warranty
All new fluids and battery at purchase
Rotella T4 during break in, then T6
Factory filters only
New stock front tire at 4K
Rear has 2K left, have a new stock one
Factory chrome rack
Fred Sanford top box
Never been wet or washed
Balance 5K Honda Finance
Asking $7500.00 OBO/trade

cb1.jpg
cb2.jpgcb3.jpgcb4.jpg

Last edited:

Red Rider

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome bike.
Good Luck with your sale/swap, DBM. I went through a similar transition myself. LOVED the CB1100. Photo attached. And I know you’ll miss yours. Your NC will never generate as much photo activity as that Black Beauty of yours.

You’ll miss the power delivery. That oh-so-smooth sewing machine hum as you quickly take It through the gears past any legal speeds. The incredible quality of the retro look and feel.
You’ll miss the sex appeal of the CB. Its show-stopping ability to turn heads and start a conversation. The shiny bits. The feeling that you won’t get nearly what it’s worth (in your mind) when you let it go.

I had to get over all that as well.

But you will get over it. Eventually. As the NC just provides mile after smile of consistent pleasure riding. No flash. No big emotional rush. But it’s a very satisfying bike in so many ways.

You won’t miss the heft of the CB. You won’t likely miss the shifting if you do go with a DCT.
You’ll probably not miss the meticulousness of care the CB1100 required of you. The NC is far more forgiving. And once you solve the initial seat and windscreen issues ;) you’ll appreciate it for what it is. The built-in storage. The economy. The easy riding. The go anywhere-anytime- do-it-all readiness and versatility.

And if you, like me, still want to unleash the inner jackass once in awhile and mix it up with the cagers out on the highway, just pull the trigger, it won’t disappoint. :cool:

Attachments

• 8245177E-666D-4142-A8D6-14D189050345.jpeg
    8245177E-666D-4142-A8D6-14D189050345.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

DBM

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome bike.
Good Luck with your sale/swap, DBM. I went through a similar transition myself. LOVED the CB1100. Photo attached. And I know you’ll miss yours. Your NC will never generate as much photo activity as that Black Beauty of yours.

You’ll miss the power delivery. That oh-so-smooth sewing machine hum as you quickly take It through the gears past any legal speeds. The incredible quality of the retro look and feel.
You’ll miss the sex appeal of the CB. Its show-stopping ability to turn heads and start a conversation. The shiny bits. The feeling that you won’t get nearly what it’s worth (in your mind) when you let it go.

I had to get over all that as well.

But you will get over it. Eventually. As the NC just provides mile after smile of consistent pleasure riding. No flash. No big emotional rush. But it’s a very satisfying bike in so many ways.

You won’t miss the heft of the CB. You won’t likely miss the shifting if you do go with a DCT.
You’ll probably not miss the meticulousness of care the CB1100 required of you. The NC is far more forgiving. And once you solve the initial seat and windscreen issues ;) you’ll appreciate it for what it is. The built-in storage. The economy. The easy riding. The go anywhere-anytime- do-it-all readiness and versatility.

And if you, like me, still want to unleash the inner jackass once in awhile and mix it up with the cagers out on the highway, just pull the trigger, it won’t disappoint. :cool:

Thanks Red. You described the feelings I get every time I ride exactly. Only a fellow CB11 owner would know. I'm going out for a short ride at dawn and see how it goes. Maybe a few Advil with my coffee. Cheers.

DBM

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing weather at dawn, I was able to put on another 65 miles today. This is such a great bike that it makes me forget about the pain in my left hand while riding, but when I stop, ouch. The mileage will go up slightly as I wait for the right situation to come along. Anybody headed to Florida on vacation want to swap?