• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1st long Ride 74 Mpg.

Racer X

Reaction score
Visit site
Took my 1st long ride. 1200 Miles from Colorado. Averaged whopping 74 Mpg. Was pretty tickled about that.i'm 5'10" and 250 lb with a Honda top box and another 30 or so pounds of cargo between the Frunk and the rear box. I was pretty pumped about the mileage. Definitely need a new seat. Now I still know why I bought and enjoy this bike. Just turned 8k so it's time for a valve check. The only two mods are, the center stand ( a must!) and a Puigi screen.

I get around 45 mpg on the highway. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I drive highway speed limit or a few miles over.

My Super Tenere (1200cc) gets 53 fully loaded. The NC fully loaded is laboring a bit in my opinion. I can't go over 75mph or the mileage plummets, though.

I get around 45 mpg on the highway. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I drive highway speed limit or a few miles over.

WOW....I'd be a bit concerned that there is something amiss with your bike at only 45mpg at legal speeds.
The WORST mpg I have EVER gotten was 57.xx while riding in a spirited fashion from my home here in SoCal which is at 300 ft elevation, up to the mountain resort of Big Bear which is at 7000 ft, but having to cross Onyx Summit at 8400ft. This is a 105 mile one way distance.
BTW....my bike is a DCT model and I was in Sport Mode the whole way and still got 57+ mpg
Just sayin' :rolleyes:

I can't get bad mileage even if I wanted to. The worst commuting MPG was 65. It was in low 30F with rain.

OCR, how are you getting only 45 MPG?!?!?!

I can't get bad mileage even if I wanted to. The worst commuting MPG was 65. It was in low 30F with rain.

OCR, how are you getting only 45 MPG?!?!?!
He's got knobby tires for one thing. Ever since I put Shinko's on mine I average in the low 50 mpgs. Plus we also run Ride-on in the tires which is also increasing the weight of the tires a bit which kills mpgs just a little bit more. Then you have OCR who also has his bike loaded with the larger GIVI top and side cases, plus his extra fuel containers. . I can totally see how he gets in the 40's.

That's awesome! I just packed on 190 miles in the mountains of CO yesterday and clocked in at 78.9MPG myself. LOVE this bike.

As the weather heats up the mileage goes up. Last two tanks were 70 mpg here in the Ozarks. Got 72 around this time last year. Usually in the mid to upper sixties.

I have averaged 62MPG over 5,000 miles, this is calculated mileage since my '12 doesn't have MPG in the computer. I have noticed in my car the computer MPG is always higher than the calculated MPG.

Wish I could get into the 70's!

brian

I have averaged 62MPG over 5,000 miles, this is calculated mileage since my '12 doesn't have MPG in the computer. I have noticed in my car the computer MPG is always higher than the calculated MPG.

Wish I could get into the 70's!

brian

higher mpg depend on your weight a lot.... and how good you are at shifting.....

That sounds real low....

OK, I'm talking Imperial gallons here - but my 750X will not return any less than 62mpg, or thereabouts, from short journeys of a few miles.

On proper rides at speed, say 70 - 90 mph, it will return in the region of 75/80 mpg.

you guys using the "fuelly" app. for your phone?
That was a real find for me. I enter the mileage/volume on my phone at the pump and it posts on my fuelly account and texts me back what my MPG was for that tank!
No more saving receipts and entering them in batches.

Yeah, love the fuelly app! I also use the note function for maintenance and whether I checked oil/air. My worst mileage is good enough for me, but I enjoy keeping track for some reason.

What kind of speeds are you going to get the 60s and 70s?

I have a new 2013 XD and my first fill up gave me 58mpg. (actually it is the second - like birthdays/centuries it messes me up)

Granted half of that was 30mph or less with my sons trying it out around the neighborhood.

Back