• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

13th bike, First new bike

Jeffro

Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned a few bikes since 85 from tame to insane but I've never bought a new bike with zero miles. Just sold a dual purpose KTMexc and wanted more of a multi-tool bike capable of long rides. When I saw the brand new black 2015's nc700x with zero miles at 4599 retail I started reading reviews. Fast forward and hopefully I'll pick it up this weekend. out the door (TTL) plus Honda center stand, light bar, taller windshield and oem handguards installed should be just under 6k. already thinking about next upgrades.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I did the same as you. Found a new in crate 2015 last year and took it home. I love the bike and ride it to work almost every day in the summer. I plan on keeping it for a long time.

JT

Congrats. I came across a similar deal which was also my first new bike. Got the bike (old model year but never sold), center stand, light bar, Givi saddlebags, Givi trunk, and service manual for $7100 out the door. The catch was for that price, I had to install the accessories. Oh well, I wasn't planning on them installing it anyway. [emoji16]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. On the last few bikes I've owned; seats, handlebars, levers and pegs were all modified to fit my monkey arms and kegs. like to try out the backrest I saw. I could care less about bling but with an all black bike I can feel the urge to add some more style. Upgrades I'll do myself over the year include adding electrical wiring/usb, grunty little slip-on to be more noticeable in traffic, engine guards and luggage racks. Also plan on making my own heated seat and grips with something like Icstation heating pads. Tomorrow I wake up to snow, wind, sleet and rain :mad: so the weather mods may take priority.

Great deal. Don't forget the power port in the frunk and there's a good chance you'll need a new seat. To find out just take a 35 mile trip and see how the backside feels.
Check the date on the tires. Maybe ask for newer ones. MC's website says they have a shelf life of about 5 years.
Tires Aren’t Milk—Setting the Record Straight on Tire Age | Motorcyclist

I've never heard that but makes sense. was going to go with their gnarly AT's but figured I'd save the money for now so I can investigate. Tires, brake pads, discs and chains are three parts I'll never skimp on again.

Congrats! I picked up my new '15 back in January for $4566 out the door. The NE Ohio weather has kept the miles down, but I'm almost at 1,500 miles now.
I've added the center stand, Puig touring windshield, front fender extender, handguards, saddlebag supports, and have Nelson Rigg Sierra dry bags for camping trips. Other parts here that I'll be putting on soon are engine guards and LED lights for on them, and the aux. harness to wire the LED lights to along with the GPS wiring and a USB port in the frunk. The Honda "power port" is just a bit too pricey of an accessory for what it is.
I'm 6', 195, and have found the stock seat to be fine even on a 275 mile day. It certainly beats the DR650, but is not quite as comfortable as my Ultra Classic. I think it's going to make an awesome daily solo ride, and I'm looking forward to some long camping trips and my annual week long trip to NC and TN.
Enjoy!

Still a few deals on the older brand new NC's and CTX's if you look off the beaten paths. A guy I work with is debating a CTX or NC750 w/DCT. I think both are 3k off rtl.

Before you spend hundreds on a seat, spend three bucks on the seat slope fix. Then ride it a bit and let your butt be the guide. Ya never know what might work.

Congrats! I picked up my new '15 back in January for $4566 out the door. The NE Ohio weather has kept the miles down, but I'm almost at 1,500 miles now.
I've added the center stand, Puig touring windshield, front fender extender, handguards, saddlebag supports, and have Nelson Rigg Sierra dry bags for camping trips. Other parts here that I'll be putting on soon are engine guards and LED lights for on them, and the aux. harness to wire the LED lights to along with the GPS wiring and a USB port in the frunk. The Honda "power port" is just a bit too pricey of an accessory for what it is.
I'm 6', 195, and have found the stock seat to be fine even on a 275 mile day. It certainly beats the DR650, but is not quite as comfortable as my Ultra Classic. I think it's going to make an awesome daily solo ride, and I'm looking forward to some long camping trips and my annual week long trip to NC and TN.
Enjoy!

what saddlebag supports do you use with your Sierra dry bags?

Back