• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

100,000 mile review

View attachment 47142

Well i bought my NC700x new in feb 2013. Its been almost 9 years, countless sets of tires, chains, sprockets, oil changes and a few batteries and light bulbs. With the exception on wear parts like brakes and tires, all i have done is regular maintenance. Nothing has failed.
The NC700x is such a cheap bike to own and operate, yet its reliability is basically unwavering. Ive broken a chain, my own fault, had 2 rear punctures that I safely stopped and repaired and hit a deer, a small deer.
Still have the original clutch that works great. I ride to work most days 75ish miles each way mix of freeway and back roads, a lot of time as fast as it will go.
I cannot say enough good things about how stout this bike is, never lets me down. Sure, its not the fastest, loudest, prettiest or most capable. It is fuel efficient, reliable and cost of ownership is sooooo low. I will continue to ride it doing standard maintenance and logging 15k/yr these days. I dont see it quitting on me anytime soon.

View attachment 47142

Well i bought my NC700x new in feb 2013. Its been almost 9 years, countless sets of tires, chains, sprockets, oil changes and a few batteries and light bulbs. With the exception on wear parts like brakes and tires, all i have done is regular maintenance. Nothing has failed.
The NC700x is such a cheap bike to own and operate, yet its reliability is basically unwavering. Ive broken a chain, my own fault, had 2 rear punctures that I safely stopped and repaired and hit a deer, a small deer.
Still have the original clutch that works great. I ride to work most days 75ish miles each way mix of freeway and back roads, a lot of time as fast as it will go.
I cannot say enough good things about how stout this bike is, never lets me down. Sure, its not the fastest, loudest, prettiest or most capable. It is fuel efficient, reliable and cost of ownership is sooooo low. I will continue to ride it doing standard maintenance and logging 15k/yr these days. I dont see it quitting on me anytime soon.
I know its been a while since your original post, but I'm curious about the maintenance. Did you do your own, or do you use the dealer for maintenance? I've got a 204 NC700X, and so far only have about 16k miles. Mind you, I have a Honda Grom, and a BMW R1200CLC. I'm also in Lexington, SC

Back