Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not only the road can be slippery when wet...

Senior Member Not only the road can be slippery when wet... fratermus's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
    I've even seen people have the loops get caught on the foot peg as they are reaching for the ground and end up falling over.
    I did that with a pants leg one time. Now I prefer to blouse them inside riding boots when there's room.
    jason in Rains county, Texas
    Commuting 120miles/day, 4x/week. "Ride to work. Work too much."

Commuter Extraordinaire Not only the road can be slippery when wet...
    Not only the road can be slippery when wet...
    Bike: NC700X
    Glad things did not end up worse. I believe someone had a similar situation just a few weeks back and the bike ended up on its right side. Glad you saved yours. I put my bike on the center stand every single day. I did not used to until the wind kept blowing peoples bikes over. There have been a couple instances where my boots could have slipped off the center stand foot pad because I did not take the time to ensure my foot was centered. I get in a rush sometimes and don't keep my foot completely level and centered. I have found that is the key.

Ideas?

1. Rubber Boot (You Mentioned). I've never seen it but they may be out there.

2. A piece of self-adhesive non-skid tape. I have heard of guys doing this and it works. It might need ot be replaced once in a while. They work on surfaces that get wet. Just think back to the days when people put them in bath tubs. You can get a role of take at Lowes to $9

3. You could rough up the pedal surface with a file or grinder and repaint it.

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Boots ain't just for protecting your toes and feet. Think about your lower leg too.

Heres what I wear

Or

Never anything less.

Senior Member Not only the road can be slippery when wet...
    Bike: NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantChuck View Post
    1. Rubber Boot (You Mentioned). I've never seen it but they may be out there.

2. A piece of self-adhesive non-skid tape. I have heard of guys doing this and it works. It might need ot be replaced once in a while. They work on surfaces that get wet. Just think back to the days when people put them in bath tubs. You can get a role of take at Lowes to $9

3. You could rough up the pedal surface with a file or grinder and repaint it.
    Yeah, the right side is the only place where the bike goes when your're messing with a center stand

I thought about all that and decided Option 2 is not for me, as I don't really like rely on anything that might fall off right at the moment when you "just used to to have it there". I'm doing my research on your third suggestion since the day it happened and will post some pics when it's done. Thanks!

Senior Member Not only the road can be slippery when wet...
    Bike: NC750X
    Nice boots, but I don't like racing outfit though it gives the best protection. I prefer to have something casual looking for my rides to feel comfortable when I'm off the bike and cannot change. For me it minimizes the risk of taking a wrong decision one day to ride somewhere in regular shoes just because I won't be able to change my "proper boots" at the destination.