Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,118

    Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories

    I was shopping for the SW-Motech side case carriers and found this site offering them at a lower price than Twisted Throttle, in addition to charging no shipping on orders over $99 (as opposed to TT at $350). For the side carriers, I saved $44 over TT. We shall see if they deliver on the goods.

    NC700X: Accessories International
    Last edited by 670cc; 26th December 2013 at 14:26.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

  2. #2
    Senior Member Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories
    Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories
    bduffey's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC 700X DCT
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    658
    Here's another site that is even cheaper on some things. And they have really fast service!

    NC 700 X

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bug Dr.'s Avatar
    Bike: 17 Tenere ES-16 R1200RS
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Southern Ozarks
    Posts
    731
    I hope you have better luck with them than I did. It took them almost two weeks to get an in-stock part out the door of their warehouse and on to the delivery truck. I went back to TT and bought the rest of my NC stuff. Haven't regretted paying a little more with TT. I'm happy with their service.
    Mike

  4. #4
    Member
    Bike: Currently NC700X, Previously VLX600
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    87
    Hello,

    I also like TT but I also have had bad experiences with them. When I got my SW-Motech top case rack, I received it on time but it had a stripped bolt. I called and left some messages but, they never got back to me. Eventually I got the bolt somewhere else. I guess this showed me that every dealer has ups and downs.

    I do like the better prices for the first link.

    Tony

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by bduffey View Post
    Here's another site that is even cheaper on some things. And they have really fast service!

    NC 700 X
    Yes but the site you reference, motomachines, is like most vendors. It doesn't list the SW-Motech side carrier brackets, which was meant to be the point of my original post. There are few alternatives to Twisted Throttle for this particular product.
    Last edited by 670cc; 26th December 2013 at 22:10.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

    NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

  6. #6
    danrev
    Guest
    Not sure I will order from Twisted Throttle again. I recently ordered a set of Denali DM lights from them. The item was packed well for shipping. However, when I got through the bubble-wrap and saw the actual box holding the lights, it was obvious that it was a restock item. The box was badly bent and torn around the opening. Everything appeared to be there and since I had an appointment with my Honda service department to install the Honda light bar and Denali lights, I went ahead with the install. As the technician got into it he noticed that the wires to the off-on switch were pulled loose. He was able to make it right and get the lights installed, but it makes you wonder about TT's quality control in checking returned merchandise. When I'm paying what I paid for the lights I don't expect to get someone else's reject. That box should have gone in a clearance basket. I have ordered things from Pro-Caliber and Revzilla without any problems.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ziggie's Avatar
    Bike: 2012nc 700x
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio.usa
    Posts
    2,403
    Nice find,I like the short round mirrors.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Member Alternative to Twisted Throttle for SW-Motech accessories Hollow Road Rider's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Chicago or Viola
    Posts
    80
    Sometimes, "you get what you pay for".

    Personally, I've never had a problem with Twisted Throttle. Yes, sometimes their goods are a few dollars more, but, I have never had a problem with returns, restocking, or defective parts. Then again, I always use a telephone and talk to human beings about any problems that I may have.

  9. #9
    danrev
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Road Rider View Post
    Sometimes, "you get what you pay for".

    Personally, I've never had a problem with Twisted Throttle. Yes, sometimes their goods are a few dollars more, but, I have never had a problem with returns, restocking, or defective parts. Then again, I always use a telephone and talk to human beings about any problems that I may have.
    I'm not sure if the statement "you get what you pay for" is directed at my previous post, but if it is I fail to follow the logic of the statement. I paid the full retail price to Twisted Throttle for new merchandise, therefore I should expect to get new, and not damaged, merchandise from them. Also I did talk to a person since I ordered the lights over the phone.

  10. #10
    Member twistedthrottle's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, R1200GS, DL650, KLR650, S1000RR and more.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    570 Nooseneck Hill Rd, Exeter, RI 02822
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by danrev View Post
    Not sure I will order from Twisted Throttle again. I recently ordered a set of Denali DM lights from them. The item was packed well for shipping. However, when I got through the bubble-wrap and saw the actual box holding the lights, it was obvious that it was a restock item. The box was badly bent and torn around the opening. Everything appeared to be there and since I had an appointment with my Honda service department to install the Honda light bar and Denali lights, I went ahead with the install. As the technician got into it he noticed that the wires to the off-on switch were pulled loose. He was able to make it right and get the lights installed, but it makes you wonder about TT's quality control in checking returned merchandise. When I'm paying what I paid for the lights I don't expect to get someone else's reject. That box should have gone in a clearance basket. I have ordered things from Pro-Caliber and Revzilla without any problems.
    Hi Danrev.

    I am sorry for the issue. If there was anything missing, please send me a PM and I will be certain to get those things sent to you. If you would like, I will send you a new on/off switch. It plugs into the harness and can be switched out easily enough. I agree if you pay full retail you should get a new product. I am going to bring this up to our warehouse and CS teams to avoid this in the future.

    On an aside - how are the lights working out?

    Kevin

Similar Threads

  1. Twisted Throttle - A little disappointed
    By silverhound in forum Vendor Reviews
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27th November 2013, 12:37
  2. Twisted Throttle in Canada !
    By 2brnut2b in forum NC700 News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th November 2013, 19:51
  3. Any new Twisted Throttle discount codes?
    By lietuviukasd in forum Vendor Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th April 2013, 08:24
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th March 2013, 12:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •