Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event

Senior Member Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    It was nice seeing some of you on the road, even if only briefly. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Wish I could have gotten everyone running earlier on Thursday to meet up with you at the Dragon. I didn't plan on having 5 others riding with me.

And the weather this past weekend! Man, someone pulled a major favor for that! Only had about 5 minutes of drizzle coming back from Maggie Valley on Friday, dry the rest. At least until I hit Mt. Washington, KY (20 miles from home) where it was a thunderstorm until I got home. Still dry, but had to hang the riding gear to dry up. Laundry day today.
    We came home a different route but we got to Louisville about the same time. I hit the Gene Snyder at 2pm and rain..until Sellersburg and then all was good... glad you made it back safely...wife asked me if I got wet... I didnt get wet but the bike and riding gear got wet...I rode the rattlesnake (ky hwy 192) on the way home.. nice curvy little road and no traffic...but jeesh, Hwy 27 and Hwy 127 are such boring roads-almost as bad as the Intestates...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    Yeah, thats why I avoid them anymore. would have been a shorter route in time, but not near as much fun. 61 and a couple nice spots, but pretty boring as well. 31, well, is 31.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Had a great time at my first KSL. Great bunch of guys, a pleasure meeting you all. KSL 11 is on the calendar for 2020. Made it back home to South Carolina with no issues except for getting caught behind a flatlander coming down off the mountain in the Pisgah Forest. Guy never took his foot off the brake! Ha!
    Hope everyone made it home safely.

Super Moderator Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I made it home safely. I took the pickup truck and trailer through the Tail of the Dragon to get home. I entered the Dragon at 06:30 on Sunday morning and not one single bike or sports car came up behind me for the whole 11 miles. Either I was super fast or, more likely, they all were still in bed. I was there too early to even get my picture taken .

As Bob said, KSL 2020 is going to happen, so mark your calendars. It’s the weekend before the Memorial Day weekend, or May 14-17, 2020. I’ll see you there!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: NC700X, XL350R, CT90 (need to sell), IT175, VFR700 (gone)
    Guys - I made it Sunday morning, but all were gone. Rode the Dragon, Cherahala loop, more. Over 350 miles of twisty fun.
    Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event-20190520_122122-jpg
    Back in Greenville now with 1050 miles added to the odo. No problems. Sorry I missed you all.
    PS - I almost got to the chicken strips, but will prolly never as the rear tire is still square and almost done.
    BTW - the seat really does suck on long trips!
    Last edited by JimbosToys; 21st May 2019 at 17:46.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Glad to you were able to get up there...it is more fun with a small group. I put a seat concepts - low cover on my saddle and did a 6500 mile trip, with some 500 mile days. Helped a lot. I also used one of those bead buddies.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: 2017 Suzuki SV650, 2005 Honda ST1300
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    Made it back safe and sound...ran into rain when I got to the Gene Snyder Freeway in Louisville... Here are some raw videos I captured on my itty bitty cheap camera:
    YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RefRyYI3ng

YouTube
    This is great - I can watch myself ride! I'll have to subscribe to your channel!

Senior Member Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieAG View Post
    This is great - I can watch myself ride! I'll have to subscribe to your channel!
    yes you can. It was great riding behind you...On the curves I didnt know or remember, I got my braking points watching your brake lights...LOL....I dont post much on youtube because I only got that little cheapo camera and most I do post comes from the KSL meetups...Have a great one Robbie...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event
    Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    Made it back safe and sound...ran into rain when I got to the Gene Snyder Freeway in Louisville... Here are some raw videos I captured on my itty bitty cheap camera:
    YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RefRyYI3ng

YouTube
    Seems to me your “itty bitty cheap camera” does pretty good! What are you using?

I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by JimbosToys View Post
    Guys - I made it Sunday morning, but all were gone. Rode the Dragon, Cherahala loop, more. Over 350 miles of twisty fun.
    Kickstand Ten, In the Land of the Dragon, NC Meet Up Event-20190520_122122-jpg
    Back in Greenville now with 1050 miles added to the odo. No problems. Sorry I missed you all.
    PS - I almost got to the chicken strips, but will prolly never as the rear tire is still square and almost done.
    BTW - the seat really does suck on long trips!
    Nice picture. What windshield is that and is there any buffeting while wearing a full face?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk