Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hillbilly Hangout 2018

Bike: 17 Tenere ES-16 R1200RS
    RV friendly? WTF? I thought this was a motorcycle event

Sorry I've been away so long.......many things going on right now and they are all out of my control (life). The old Hub doesn't want our kind there as they are family oriented and do not allow camping. Buffalo Point is a great spot except it is run by Federal Nazis that are very quick with their ticket book in absurdly reduced speed zones.......wouldn't match with our group's style.

I fully intend to look at a campground that is private this weekend that might work. I plan on visiting it no matter what we decide.

The problem with state parks is that you need to reserve spots ahead of time. Lake Dardanelle State Park in Russellville is a great spot to camp and I have hosted an event there before. I can book my site tomorrow but I'm not going to reserve several spots and try to divvy them up and get reimbursed. The RV facilities are top notch and the bathrooms are clean. It is about a quarter mile from my house so it is certainly handy for me and I know every road out of Russellville. The county is dry so plan ahead accordingly.

There are literally about 50 camping locations within a 40 mile radius of Russellville so the options abound. Some are very remote so you'd have to pack food.

I don't care either way. What say those that plan on attending? We have plenty of time since we already have a date. I'm sure we can find a spot early enough without causing too much stress......I don't need any more.
    Mike

Super Moderator Hillbilly Hangout 2018 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Thanks for the post, Bug Dr. I'm gonna go along with the choice of those in the know about the area.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

I have updated the first post in this thread. I think I found a great place for Hillbilly Hangout and I believe you will like too.

Please let me know if you will be attending so I can give the owners a count.

Thanks,
    Mike

Super Moderator Hillbilly Hangout 2018 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Thanks Mike! I will be there. I might tent camp or I might bring a little trailer, but I’ll be there for sure.

I’m also looking for a place to go in June when I return with a couple riding buddies. If this works out it might just be the place.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Senior Member Hillbilly Hangout 2018 belrix's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Silver NC700X
    Thanks a million Bug Dr! Just up the road from the road...so the adult beverage store is close.

Is it just going to be us three? I've sent itlives (Mike) a text but haven't heard back from him. OCR, Old Jeff and Bamamate still come around here?
    Mike

Senior Member Hillbilly Hangout 2018 belrix's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Silver NC700X
    I'll bet even money the usual crew will be there. I'll send them a PM.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Hillbilly Hangout 2018 itlives's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X, 2012 Super Tenere
    Got your text, Mike. Thanks. Sorry to say, i cant make it this year. My daughter is birthing a new granddaughter tomorrow. I'm slated to go out and help her out for a few days (march 22-25).She lives in Midland TX. Taking care of my mom and trying to keep my business going is getting tougher as time goes on. The Hangout will be too close to the first "time out" to make it. Hope you guys have a great time!

Bike: Silver 2013 NC700X
    Looks like a nice place, great find! Unfortunately, I have to pass this year, I've got relatives coming in at that time and there is no way I can reschedule.

Bummer Mike and Jeff. I won't be able to be up there until Friday afternoon......might have to post a RTE in Russellville so I can ride up with the group Friday afternoon. Or, whomever is riding on Friday can swing by Russellville around noon and we can take the scenic route to Low Gap for a late lunch. I haven't been there this year yet and it is kinda tradition with this group.

Did get out yesterday and flog the RS for a nice brisk 250 mile ride. Nobody on the roads......what a treat.
    Mike