Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ??

Bike: .
    Several years ago, a group of us stumbled upon "Street Vibrations" in Virginia City, NV.

NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ??-p0003441-jpg

We were riding our Japanese touring bikes and we found a spot right in front of the "Welcome HOGS" sign!

NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ??-p0003439-jpg

Interesting crowd but we had no trouble.

Senior Member NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ?? silverhound's Avatar
    Bike: '13 NC700X DCT, '14 FJR 1300ES
    I'm a 1 regardless of the bike I ride. I just don't like large crowds in general...or small crowds for that matter. I'm sure you'd be fine as long as you exercised good judgement assuming at this point you could find anywhere near there to stay.
    2013 Honda NC700X DCT - Hers
    2014 Yamaha FJR1300ES - Mine

Senior Member NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ?? Afan's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC700X DCT
    If I may revamp the thread...
    Friend of mine (who rides Kawasaki Vulcan 1600) is asking me to go together to Sturgis this year. He did it once, about 10+ years ago and he would like to go again. But not whole week, just 2-3 days. The idea was to visit first 2 days of Sturgis but something came up so we were talking about last 2 days of Sturgis. So, we would ride around Black Hills for a couple days, hit the Sturgis 2 days and then through Badlands back to Iowa.
    I rode twice in Black Hills, was with my family 3 times in the area... It's beautiful. I don't mind ride again. As a matter of fact, I bought couple days ago GPX file from TAT website for some off-roading in SD.
    In Sturgis was only once, with my family, in September.

YES, I would like to go to Sturgis (this or any other year) and see it with my own eyes. 99.9 % people who "partied" in Sturgis said it was great. It's HD/Cruiser/big V-Twin pilgrimage. I don't mind crowd at all, feel comfortable. I doubt I would feel intimidated being on NC, and loud pipes will actually entertain me. The whole Sturgis thing is kinda my bucket list. Like many other "must see" riding/driving places.

NO, as most of the posters on this thread said, I don't like to pay 3-4 times more for a campsite and/or room (if available at all). And I don't like waiting in line at a gas station, in a restaurant, in a restroom... I don't mind tons of bikes on the roads (hey, I'm commuting on I-80 every morning) - as long as they don't slow me down (as a matter of fact, I would rather be surrendered by bikes than cagers ) - but they probably will. And I don't like it. And it's gonna be at least 500K visitors at the time at the area, and if ONLY 1% (other kind of 1% ) ride drunk that means you will have 5K drunk bikers on the roads. Bad, really bad situation...

So... I'm asking those they were at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, is it really worth a hustle and bustle to see it?
    Instead million dollars, give me million miles!

Senior Member NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ?? Afan's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by afan View Post
    If I may revamp the thread...
    Friend of mine (who rides Kawasaki Vulcan 1600) is asking me to go together to Sturgis this year. He did it once, about 10+ years ago and he would like to go again. But not whole week, just 2-3 days. The idea was to visit first 2 days of Sturgis but something came up so we were talking about last 2 days of Sturgis. So, we would ride around Black Hills for a couple days, hit the Sturgis 2 days and then through Badlands back to Iowa.
    I rode twice in Black Hills, was with my family 3 times in the area... It's beautiful. I don't mind ride again. As a matter of fact, I bought couple days ago GPX file from TAT website for some off-roading in SD.
    In Sturgis was only once, with my family, in September.

YES, I would like to go to Sturgis (this or any other year) and see it with my own eyes. 99.9 % people who "partied" in Sturgis said it was great. It's HD/Cruiser/big V-Twin pilgrimage. I don't mind crowd at all, feel comfortable. I doubt I would feel intimidated being on NC, and loud pipes will actually entertain me. The whole Sturgis thing is kinda my bucket list. Like many other "must see" riding/driving places.

NO, as most of the posters on this thread said, I don't like to pay 3-4 times more for a campsite and/or room (if available at all). And I don't like waiting in line at a gas station, in a restaurant, in a restroom... I don't mind tons of bikes on the roads (hey, I'm commuting on I-80 every morning) - as long as they don't slow me down (as a matter of fact, I would rather be surrendered by bikes than cagers ) - but they probably will. And I don't like it. And it's gonna be at least 500K visitors at the time at the area, and if ONLY 1% (other kind of 1% ) ride drunk that means you will have 5K drunk bikers on the roads. Bad, really bad situation...

So... I'm asking those they were at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, is it really worth a hustle and bustle to see it?
    Any thoughts?
    Instead million dollars, give me million miles!

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    #1 ..would not be caught there during that week. I have been to that area once with the family as we traveled through there on vacation and as others have said It was beautiful. We drove to Mt Rushmore and then on up to Montana and west home to Idaho. Beautiful trip, incredible scenery and well worth the visit... I Would Not recommend It That Week!! :{)

We met two really nice fellas there...
    NC700x and Sturgis 75th Anniversary Rally ??-michael-buddy-mt-rushmore-funeral-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!