Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: MABDR anyone.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350

MABDR anyone.

Since it was first announced, I've wanted to do the MABDR. Prior to its development, others had laid out the TET, a series of trails and roads from FLA to New England. I'm told the NC can handle it, although there is a rocky section where I would worry about the cast rims.

I live close enough, (Raleigh/Durham. NC) to get to the start and ride a section in one day. While I would not attempt until spring/summer of 2020, I was thinking about riding up this summer, do a section, motel one night and ride home the next day. I was thinking section 2. Its only 78 miles long and is supposed to be one of the more enjoyable sections of the route.

I have surgery planned for Sept. 16 and that is the reason I would not attempt this fall. I am 65yo and starting to have health issues.

Anyone else thinking about doing this trip?
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: '18 NC750X
    I'm too far away to join you but it looks like a great ride! I was born in Altoona, grew up in Ohio and I would love that ride when the leaves are changing.

I had never heard of the BDR, just recently ran across a reference and googled it. Found that they have an 1178 mile route through NM that starts at the Mexican border and goes all the way north to Colorado. Looks like fun, I'm starting to plan.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    I'm too far away to join you but it looks like a great ride! I was born in Altoona, grew up in Ohio and I would love that ride when the leaves are changing.

I had never heard of the BDR, just recently ran across a reference and googled it. Found that they have an 1178 mile route through NM that starts at the Mexican border and goes all the way north to Colorado. Looks like fun, I'm starting to plan.

there are bar's in Colorado, Utah, Washington, New Mexico, etc. check butler maps
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Because of Dale's interest in the BDR, i too looked it up for my state. It looks like it would be a great time, though i'd have to do it solo. Maybe i'll do the Canadian stretch first and see how that goes, then ride south another time all the way down to the Nevada line!

I agree with both of you, what a kick that'd be!!

:{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!