Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beeline Moto - new type of navigation aid

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT

Beeline Moto - new type of navigation aid

Has anyone looked at these things?

LINK => Beeline Moto | Beeline

About $150 for the black plastic version, which I think is a bit pricy, but I have one on pre-order because I tend to do stupid things and buy crap I don't actually need.

Seems like a very intuitive piece of gear with great battery life. Works in a couple different modes, including route directions or even as a basic compass.

It does have, via 'smartphone' interface, route planning. It can follow GPX imported routes.

Beeline Moto - new type of navigation aid-screen-shot-2018-10-13-10-23-43-am-jpgBeeline Moto - new type of navigation aid-screen-shot-2018-10-13-10-23-06-am-jpgBeeline Moto - new type of navigation aid-screen-shot-2018-10-13-10-22-57-am-jpgBeeline Moto - new type of navigation aid-screen-shot-2018-10-13-10-22-49-am-jpg
    Last edited by melensdad; 13th October 2018 at 11:14.

My Beeline navigator has shipped.

They sent me a tracking number. Of course, I'm still out of town for another week. So like my new video system, it will sit at home and wait to be installed.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    STILL waiting to hear about mine.

Well, I still haven’t received a shipping notice but my Beeline Moto had arrived. It is beautiful and I’l start playing with it tomorrow! Can’t wait!

Has arrived, not had. Came in today’s mail.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseonbass View Post
    Has arrived, not had. Came in today’s mail.
    Mine should be sitting at my house. I'm 1500 miles away so I can't play with it. I'm jealous!

Just returned from my northern California trip.

2 motorcycle related packages waiting for me

BEELINE was the first I opened. It looks interesting and could be fun. Or frustrating. Time will tell.

Photos show what is in the box. Doesn't show the fact that you need a smart phone App to operate the Beeline. Doesn't show that you need to upload GPX maps from your computer/smart phone. Not even sure if it will work with FURKOT yet but we'll get to that.

Initial impressions only in this post.

Unit looks kinda cheap, and looks like a light drizzle would probably kill the electronics as there is nothing that appears to be water resistant, let alone waterproof, about this thing. BUT I KNEW THAT when I ordered it. There was no water proof claim.

Screen seems visible enough, but not sure what it will look like in sunlight.

Buttons and on-screen seem intuitive

Charging base is permanently attached to the charging cable, I think it should use a micro USB port to attach to a cable.

I think this probably should be mounted high so it is in (or very near) the field of view of the rider because (I think) it could be easy to miss a turn, especially in urban settings. Only actual use will tell me if this theory is true, or not.

When placing your order you were given your choice of 1 of several type of mounts. I opted for the RAM Ball mount.

It should be noted that that charging base cannot be mounted to the bike. A better design would have allowed the mounting base to mount to the bike mount.

Bike: 18 NC750X, 16 KTM 1190 Adv, 17 KTM Super Duke, 15 KTM 690 Enduro
    I'm curious to hear more thoughts on this device from actual users. It's one of those, not sure if I need it, nor do I think it's really neat....but kinda want it.

Quote Originally Posted by NuckaMan View Post
    I'm curious to hear more thoughts on this device from actual users. It's one of those, not sure if I need it, nor do I think it's really neat....but kinda want it.
    YUP

I'm hoping it works out.

I also hope I can use FURKOT with it. But I have a feeling I will need to use STRAVA. I already know FURKOT but can't figure out how to connect to that GPX system (yet). Worst case scenario maybe I need to switch to STRAVA?

I’ve been trying to get a googlemap route into it with no luck. It seems to need a website address for a .gpx file. I did put in a way point to make it always point north but haven’t tried it it yet. Editing the BeeLine app’s maps has proven to be frustrating but I’ll continue to work with it. I chose the universal mount and think it looks nice. Just need to make it do what I want it to do.