Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli Angel GT tires

Bike: NC700x

Pirelli Angel GT tires

Just got the Pirelli Angle GT tires for the bike. I had the OEM Dunlops on before. What a difference! I can feel more bite in the ride and more confidence in turns. I have not rode in the rain, but I have heard good things. I only have a 100 or so mile on them, but they are really nice tires.

They are realy nice tires, never let me down in the rain or on dry road. A lot of people say the Michelin Pilot Road 4 are the best for wet roads, but i'll still buy the Angel Gts again once mine are worn off.

Bike: nc700xa
    I once fitted angel ST ,they felt different to the bt023 but were grippy enough ..trouble was they only lasted 6000 miles . Have you noticed the mileage on the GT ? .. I am thinking of the anakee 3 for mileage reasons. (and the fact the roads have lots of farm mud and gravel where I live)

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by kharli View Post
    I once fitted angel ST ,they felt different to the bt023 but were grippy enough ..trouble was they only lasted 6000 miles .
    +1, I really liked the Angel GTs except they wore out too quickly, IMO. Think I managed just under 7k miles on mine, whereas I get over 10k out of PR3s and PR4s.

What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Anakee 3?

trey
    Last edited by treybrad; 19th May 2015 at 15:00.

Bike: 2012 NC700SA, 2001 WR250F
    I loved the GTs on my bike, and still have one on the front. I got about 8500 kilometers out of my rears, but based on my observations my tires don't seem to last as long as most others on the board....
    I switched out to a Battlax S20 on the rear mainly because of the price difference. If it doesn't last as long I'll likely be going back to the Angels. I really miss the nice, symmetrical tread pattern on the rear though with the S20......that kind of stuff gets my ocd up lol
    2012 NC700SA
    MRA Touring Screen, Danmoto XG-1 pipe, AME heated grips

Quote Originally Posted by treybrad View Post
    +1, I really liked the Angel GTs except they wore out too quickly, IMO. Think I managed just under 7k miles on mine, whereas I get over 10k out of PR3s and PR4s.

What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Anakee 3?

trey
    To answer my question, people are getting big miles out of the Anakee 3. This guy is at over 16k on the much bigger and heavier BMW R1200GS. That seems to be an exception, but most reports I ran across people are routinely getting 10k+ out of them, a la PR4.

I ordered one up to replace my worn out Conti Motion. We'll see how it does....

trey

Bike: nc700xa
    I am going for a pr4 gt front (98 quid fitted) and anakee 3 (150 profile)(102 quid fitted)) rear ..off to Ireland for six or so weeks . will let you know how they do. anakee 3 don't do the front tyre or did I miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by kharli View Post
    I am going for a pr4 gt front (98 quid fitted) and anakee 3 (150 profile)(102 quid fitted)) rear ..off to Ireland for six or so weeks . will let you know how they do. anakee 3 don't do the front tyre or did I miss something ?
    Correct, no 17" front sizes. I ended up going with a 170/60 rear, it was a little closer to the OEM 160/60 diameter vs. the 150/70, but I think either will work just fine.

Keep us posted on how you like it, mine doesn't show up until this weekend.

trey

Bike: 2014 NC700X, Yamaha Vino 125
    Also been happy with my Pirelli's. May put some dirt tires on it sometime just for fun and the look. But for now. I'm going to have fun with my Angels.

Bike: NC700 DCT Motus MST
    The GTs are OEM fitment on the Motus.