Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013

Bike: Honda nc700x , 84 Honda Magna vf700, Yamyaha majesty yp400

I have a 2013 NC700X. Need to get a new set of tires. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm willing to spend the money on a good set I appreciate the help... Thanks Joe

Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Depends on how you ride. For cruising and little dirt or gravel, I just put on a set of Michelin Road 5 tires that seem to be well liked.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    The Michelin Pilot Road 4 were awesome street tires that I found handled fire roads fine. Very, very good on wet pavement.

The Road 5 is the successor and it has gotten great reviews (those will likely be my next set). Im trying Pirelli Scorpion Trails right now as Ive been doing more non-asphalt riding. I hesitate to say off road because Im on quite groomed but unpaved gravel and dirt roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I have a set of PR5's I'd part with. They were on my bike when I bought it and looked brand new, I put about 2k miles on them and took them off to swap to performance tires for track use. I'd say they've got no more than 3k miles on them, plenty life left. People reporting these tires lasting 8-10k miles easily.

I have a box sized for 2 tires from when I bought my Dunlop Q3+ tires online, so I can ship them, but I'm afraid USPS cost would be upwards of $40ish, maybe $50. I'd let em go for $150 + whatever shipping ends up being. So close to $190-200 shipped for both, 120/70 and 160/60. They were balanced perfectly and no plugs or patches.

Brand new on Dennis Kirk they are $335 shipped for the set, and $326 shipped on Sportbike Track Gear's website, but they are offering a $50 Michelin rebate if 2 Michelin tires are purchased through STG's site.

Anyways, let me know if you'd be interested, they are just sitting in the shop collecting dust. I probably won't ever need them again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Checked quote on USPS shipped to Mesa, AZ and it was $54.....UPS was $88! Highway robbery.

Probably better off buying a set from STG at $326 with the $50 rebate. That's a pretty solid deal.

When I bought my Dunlop Q3+'s, they were running a $40 rebate, only took a few weeks for the prepaid $40 card to come in the mail.

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Checked quote on USPS shipped to Mesa, AZ and it was $54.....UPS was $88! Highway robbery.

Probably better off buying a set from STG at $326 with the $50 rebate. That's a pretty solid deal.

When I bought my Dunlop Q3+'s, they were running a $40 rebate, only took a few weeks for the prepaid $40 card to come in the mail.
    Did you try getting a quote for just the tires without a box. The shipping label can go directly onto it. Might save a few $$$

Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    My recommendation is to mount a set of Bridgestone T31s.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonesjoe View Post
    I have a 2013 NC700X. Need to get a new set of tires. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm willing to spend the money on a good set I appreciate the help... Thanks Joe
    To help in getting tire recommendations suitable for you, how and where do you ride? Is it all street or is there some dirt. Is it hard cornering on mountain roads or straight road stop and go city commutes. Is it rainy or always dry? Is tire life important, or is ultimate cornering traction important?

You might say you're willing to spend the money for a good tire, but if you don't push the limits of a tire, you may actually get one more suitable for your riding style for less money than some super high performance tire that you'll never benefit from.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Quote Originally Posted by spads25 View Post
    Did you try getting a quote for just the tires without a box. The shipping label can go directly onto it. Might save a few $$$

Heard they stopped taking tires not inside some sort of packaging. Easiest thing to do is wrap them together with shrink wrap and slap a single label on it, but I'm not sure they let that fly anymore. Plus it would be near same dimensions, as they still charge by overall length width and height. I'm not sure how USPS calculates it, but I know UPS calculates girth = 1 x longest side + 2 x width + 2 x height.

Oh well, probably not good enough of a deal to ship anyways. If I was to sell cheap enough including shipping to make it a good deal, I'd be virtually giving them away.

Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Heard they stopped taking tires not inside some sort of packaging. Easiest thing to do is wrap them together with shrink wrap and slap a single label on it, but I'm not sure they let that fly anymore. Plus it would be near same dimensions, as they still charge by overall length width and height. I'm not sure how USPS calculates it, but I know UPS calculates girth = 1 x longest side + 2 x width + 2 x height.

Oh well, probably not good enough of a deal to ship anyways. If I was to sell cheap enough including shipping to make it a good deal, I'd be virtually giving them away.
    I can't remember the last time I got a tire in a box; tires always come bare lately, even car tires.

Obviously commercial tire vendors get way,way better rates than you'd get walking in to a shipping center trying to ship a tire. I could order a $66 front tire like I use on my NC from AMT right now, Wednesday evening, and probably have it Friday morning on my doorstep with free shipping. They can make a profit selling the tire, plus pay for the shipping, and it's only $66. The shipping must be cheap for them.
    Last edited by 670cc; 9th October 2019 at 19:16.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250