Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Tires?

Bike: NC700X

Next Tires?

Hello all! My angel GTs need to be changed. However, I don't know if there are better options out there.

Anyone has experience with the Diablo Rosso II or III ? What about the bridgestone S21?

Thanks peeps

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    The best street tires I've had on my NC were Michelin pilot road 4 (now hard to find) they've been replaced with Michelin pilot road 5, they last a long time and grip the road really well in all conditions

Bike: X-Adventure, Suzuki VStrom 1000ABS, 1989 Honda Dominator, CRF250L
    I have a set of Road 5 Trails on my Strom and they are imho one of the best sets of tyres I have had on any road bike. The level of grip on that bike wet or dry is amazing. Even two up it grips right out to the edge of the tread.

On my X-Adv I have a 5 front and PR4 on the rear. Again they are excellent tyres but the rear is now starting to slip a little at full lean angles with 7000kms on it. I expect to get another 1000/1500kms from the rear and am hoping that by then Michelin will have a 5 available in the rear wheel size. I had PR4's on my former 700X and they were vastly better than the OEM Z8's.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    I was running Michelin Pilot Road 4's until this year, I moved to the Pilot Road 5. I would have stayed with the PR4, however they are no longer making the 160/60ZR17 size. The PR4 was a good tire, and I always trusted it in whatever condition (wet or dry). I know the PR5's will be the same.

I also only ride on the street, with maybe 1% in some gravel if it is unavoidable.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Bike: NC700X
    My road 5s are noisy compared to PR 3/4. Wonder if others have noticed this?

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    I'll know after this weekend when I get the rear mounted.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Senior Member Next Tires? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostknight119 View Post
    Hello all! My angel GTs need to be changed. However, I don't know if there are better options out there.

Anyone has experience with the Diablo Rosso II or III ? What about the bridgestone S21?

Thanks peeps
    Personally I think hypersport tires like the proposed DR II & III or S21's are just too much tire for the NC700X. A good sport touring tire offers all the grip we need plus the wet weather performance of a touring tire coupled with significantly longer life is the best choice for this bike. My choice anyway. I prefer Bridgestone tires on my bikes. They offer great performance at a great value. The Bridgestone T31 is a good choice.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE
    The tires on my new 2014 are dated Nov 2013 so I'll replace them next Spring. Until then I won't push corners hard or ride in rain. They look ok, not dry rotted, hard or slippery feeling. I've read that Dunlop Trailmax DS609 don't last long & I'm leaning toward Michelin Road 5. I don't ride off-road. Won't be doing a lot of miles before winter, 2 hip surgeries starting July 2. Not hip replacement, just removing inflamed bursa sacs so I can sleep without 6 ibuprofen.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I have Pilot Road 5's on my NC and if they were worn out and being replaced tomorrow, I would not consider any other tire to replace them with. 2CT technology provides long wear in the middle and super good grip on the sides. I run mine pretty hard and they provide excellent confidence in the corners. No way I'd go to a hypersport tire that lasts half as long. Get more for your money and try out some PR5's!

Senior Member Next Tires?
    Next Tires?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    I completely agree with your review of the PR5’s. Just over 6k miles on mine now.

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..