Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dunlop Roadsmart III

Member Dunlop Roadsmart III mzflorida's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT ABS

Dunlop Roadsmart III

I just had a new pair of Dunlops Roadsmart IIIs put on. Broke them in for about 50 miles. Let them cool and did another 25. Took it out today. What I can say is that these tires improved ride quality immensely over the stock tires. For me, they are much better than stock in turns. When I say better, I mean that they lean smoothly and evenly into turns curves. Seems like the stock tires kind of fall into the lean. They also feel like they stop a bit quicker. They really give a much more confident feel overall. I wear a modular helmet. So still I get some road noise. Thes tires are substantially quieter...never thought I would find that to be the case, but notably quieter. I am really pleased with them. Hope it helps!

Rain is finally here...ill check them out later tonight for wet traction.

Senior Member Dunlop Roadsmart III
    Dunlop Roadsmart III

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    I am in Olympia, WA - we get a little rain up here- and I have praised my Roadsmart 2's for a couple years. Great wet/dry traction, moderate road noise, not horrible in gravel roads, good lifespan. If the RS3's are as good or better, I am certain you'll enjoy the ride.
    >T
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

Bike: NC700X
    I put on a set of RSIII's last June and have 8,000 miles on them. There's a bit of a flat area in the center of the rear tire, but there's lots of life left. While traveling I got caught in summer rain storms any number of times and rode for hundreds of miles in the wet and the tires were fine.

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by b_rubenstein View Post
    I put on a set of RSIII's last June and have 8,000 miles on them. There's a bit of a flat area in the center of the rear tire, but there's lots of life left. While traveling I got caught in summer rain storms any number of times and rode for hundreds of miles in the wet and the tires were fine.
    Just had my bike inspected a few weeks ago and saw the advertising for the Dunlop RSIIIs and wondered if it really got the miles they claimed. Glad to hear this review. It is high on my list for my next tire purchase.
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

If you are ready to pull the trigger on the purchase, Dunlop has a 50 dollar rebate right now through the end of the month. These tires are so awesome I keep taking it out to see if I am kidding myself. They are great and it is not psychological! I did take them out in the rain the other night. Obviously, I did not go crazy with early rain here in Florida because of the oil. But, that said, I did push it in terms of my riding capabilities and experience back behind the airport. I'm telling you these tires are grippy, quiet, comfortable and really improve the handling. My buddy rode it too. Said the same thing. Feels like an entirely different ( better) bike. As an aside, I am still considering the VFR1200X and the Africa Twin.

Oh good! I hope that it helped in your decision-making process.

Quote Originally Posted by b_rubenstein View Post
    That's great news! Did you find them to be as good as I did in regard to handling and comfort?

Bike: NC700X
    I had a set of Avon Storm 3D before the Dunlops and I liked them more (better when pushed hard in turns), but the Dunlops are perfectly fine.

Bike: NC750XD
    I only have 1000 miles with the RS3 (T30 before that) and I really like them. They make the bike very nimble, are quiet (both sound and feedback), grip is very good on dry (rear has been grinded side to side) and seems good on wet too.

So far so very good My usage is pure road.