Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunlop Trailmax alongside Michelin PR4...night and day difference!

Senior Member Dunlop Trailmax alongside Michelin PR4...night and day difference!
    Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by jayceegee View Post
    Has anyone used the Dunlop Road smart 3 tires ?? Recently read an article about them and it was a positive review.
    I am a big fan of the RoadSmart 2's. Haven't tried the 3's yet. I commute almost every day and it rains a lot up here in the northwest. The Road Smart 2 has been terrific.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.
    The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Member Dunlop Trailmax alongside Michelin PR4...night and day difference! BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT
    I have the RoadSmart 3s and have no complaints. No spins in the rain, no slippy feeling in the rain. Very predictable. That said, im a new rider so i dont have anything to compare to. Im tempted next time to get the PR4s and compare.

Senior Member Dunlop Trailmax alongside Michelin PR4...night and day difference! GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuppy View Post
    I have the RoadSmart 3s and have no complaints. No spins in the rain, no slippy feeling in the rain. Very predictable. That said, im a new rider so i dont have anything to compare to. Im tempted next time to get the PR4s and compare.
    Iím new to riding as well. The OEM Dunlopís were ok but not great on wet roads, and mine wore out in about 4K miles.

The first set of new PR4s was an amazing change - even with my very limited experience. No fear of wet roads! I️ got about 9,300 mile out of the rear and about 10,500 out of my front before changing again (and I️ change once I hit the wear bars). Based on my riding (all pleasure riding) thatís about a year and a half. So worth the relatively small additional cost to me for the confident rides. Havenít tried other tires mainly because I donít ride off pavement enough to need even a 90/10 tire, and most reviews comparing the PR4 to other road tires seems pitch alternatives as ďjust about as goodĒ and a little cheaper. Since riding is a hobby for me, Iím not that concerned about the few extra $ every year and a half or so.

My $0.02 and YMMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: NC700X
    When the Trailmax rim protectors wore out, I replaced them with Avon 3D-Storms. When those needed replacing, Dunlop had a rebate on the Roadsmart 3 and I put those on. I like the Avons quite a bit better. They had more grip and the bike handled better. Both were fine in the rain. I don't think I'll be getting Dunlops in the future, since there are better sport bike tires out there.

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm
    I've replaced Dunlops with Avon 3D Storms also, I love the Avons, what a wonderful tire compared to the Dunlops.