Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoSkivees

Senior Member MotoSkivees Cigar Mike's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X

MotoSkivees

With all of the talk about the comfort of the stock seat I thought I would give these a try. It can't hurt or I hope it doesn't anymore once I receive them.

Anyone try these? I will make a report once I use them for a ride or two.

Home | Moto-Skiveez

Bike: NC750X DCT
    Never heard of them.

If I'm going on a long ride and want a bit of extra padding I simply wear cycling shorts under my strides (pants).

These skivvy things just look like a rip off, something else that has been 'designed especially for the motorcyclist' blah blah blah.

Having said that, I haven't tried them so my opinion counts for nothing.

Super Moderator MotoSkivees 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Can't tell much from their Web site. One cartoonish picture of the front, nothing showing the back. Can't tell where the back side seams are placed, etc. I'd need a lot more convincing to spend that much.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Senior Member MotoSkivees itlives's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X, 2012 Super Tenere
    They look like compression shorts with a bit more rear-end padding.

Let us know what you think , Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Can't tell much from their Web site. One cartoonish picture of the front, nothing showing the back. Can't tell where the back side seams are placed, etc. I'd need a lot more convincing to spend that much.
    The site is not easy to navigate to get all the information. This is the page that is hard to find for some and I believe what makes these different.

Adventure Skiveez | Moto-Skiveez

They are supposed to have a model for women latter this year.

I don't know if they will be worth the money. I should have them delivered next week and will find out. If they do help significantly it would be less than a seat upgrade and could be used on the other bikes I own. At the worse they cost $20 more than the riding shorts I normally purchase. I wanted to try them because my liner makes the ride more comfortable with just that little bit more padding.
    Last edited by Cigar Mike; 29th August 2014 at 06:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    Never heard of them.

If I'm going on a long ride and want a bit of extra padding I simply wear cycling shorts under my strides (pants).

These skivvy things just look like a rip off, something else that has been 'designed especially for the motorcyclist' blah blah blah.

Having said that, I haven't tried them so my opinion counts for nothing.
    You might be right. I will let you know what I think once I get them.

Commuter Extraordinaire MotoSkivees
    MotoSkivees
    Only one way to find out. $60 isn't to bad. I'm sure many of us waste more than $60 on other things that are not needed.

I don't ride more than a couple hours at a time so I would not need anything like this but if a person was to ride a lot more it seems like it would be worth a try.

Senior Member MotoSkivees Lou Wambsganss's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X, 1979 GL1000
    I have a pair of their Adventure shorts. They are well made compression shorts, with a significant memory foam pad. They do increase long trip (over an hour) comfort for me. The downside is that they feel bulky when walking around. Overall, it's your own choice whether they are worth the price. For me, I'm glad I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Wambsganss View Post
    I have a pair of their Adventure shorts. They are well made compression shorts, with a significant memory foam pad. They do increase long trip (over an hour) comfort for me. The downside is that they feel bulky when walking around. Overall, it's your own choice whether they are worth the price. For me, I'm glad I have them.
    That is OK, I don't walk much when I ride. I am good for the first two hours. It gets progressively shorter between stops after that. I am hoping the hours late in the ride will be a bit more comfortable.

Bike: Silver 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Wambsganss View Post
    So butt falsies then?