Thread: New Corvette, WOW!

Bike: '18 NC750X

New Corvette, WOW!

Just watched a couple of videos showing the new mid-engine Corvette and WOW what a machine!!!
    I need to see if I can get a loan for one. What would the monthly payment be for $70,000?

On second thought, with a base price of around $60K I bet it will be a few years before production catches up with demand. And idiots will pay two or three or four times that to get one right away, oh well.New Corvette, WOW!-c8-corvette-jpg

Senior Member New Corvette, WOW!
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    I miss my Crossfire roadster*sigh*

Senior Member New Corvette, WOW!
    New Corvette, WOW!

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT, 2005 R1150R, 2011 R1200GS
    The closest I've ever owned was a Triumph Spitfire. I'd kill myself with that new vette.
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

Senior Member New Corvette, WOW! dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    Just watched a couple of videos showing the new mid-engine Corvette and WOW what a machine!!!
    I need to see if I can get a loan for one. What would the monthly payment be for $70,000?

On second thought, with a base price of around $60K I bet it will be a few years before production catches up with demand. And idiots will pay two or three or four times that to get one right away, oh well.New Corvette, WOW!-c8-corvette-jpg
    At least I've got the color!

Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: '13 NC700X, '09 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
    I'll have one as soon as AMT or Revell have one on hobby shops shelves. Or maybe Hot Wheels or Matchbox, That's the only kind I can afford.
    I'm not smart enough for a smart phone, so all I have is a dumb phone.
    GPS? Why would I want one of them? You can't get lost, there's no fun in that.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I want to see one in person! I think the mid engine is a cool way to reinvent the Vette, but I'm still quite fond of the previous generation. I bet that mid engine would be a fun unit to drive!

I had a 2002 Z06 rated at 415 hp stock back around 2011. That thing was so fun. I'd like to have another older model like that but with an auto trans, I hated working the clutch with my prosthesis. Handled good and sounded mean tho! Never had so many sportbikes pull up beside me on the road trying to race in anything else I have ever driven. It smoked a few of them too. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Super Moderator New Corvette, WOW! 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Did GM ever pay back the taxpayers for the bailout money they got? If not, I’ll wait for that before I buy a GM product. If GM did make right with the taxpayer, well I don’t really want a Corvette anyway, although it does look like an impressive machine.
    Last edited by 670cc; 22nd July 2019 at 20:34.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Did GM ever pay back the taxpayers for the bailout money they got? If not, I’ll wait for that before I buy a GM product. If GM did make right with the taxpayer, well I don’t really want a Corvette anyway, although it does look like an impressive machine.
    I blame the gov't more than GM. If you were about to go bankrupt and lose your house that you still owed well over $100k on, yet still had a family to support, but the gov't came along and said "here, we'll just pay your house off to remove the financial burden." I doubt any one of us here would decline that option. Lol

Senior Member New Corvette, WOW! davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    GM gave the government stock in the company and the government sold the stock,,,losing millions (of course)...

I like the look of the new vette...except they keep copying the ferrari...LOL...GM vette designers have an easy job...see what ferrari does and then copy the style....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member New Corvette, WOW! dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    General Motors' Debt - FactCheck.org

The question we will never know the answer to is what would have happened if GM did fail. Perhaps the cure was worth the treatment, perhaps not.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD