Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts / pics thread

Bike: 2013 NC700X

Random thoughts / pics thread

These type threads have been popular on other forums, let's try it here. I like the social camaraderie of motorcycling, just bs'ing with others, how about a spot to do just that, here in "The Bar" subsection. I done some searching and did not see a similar thread like this.

Something interesting on your mind? Post it here. See something interesting? Post a pic of it.

I was moving things around in the shop today, lawn mower battery was dead 2015 JD X320, and could not believe the corrosion that had built up under the rubber terminal cover, it was packed solid, had to dig it out with a screwdriver. It had eat up both the nut and bolt, and the cable terminal end. 2019 has been a terrible year for me in terms of having to fix stuff. Everything I own has seemed to tear up this year.

This used to be a bolt.

This used to be a nut.

Last edited by TacomaJD; 20th June 2019 at 13:55.

Can't believe nobody has posted here Lol. It's like "what did you do to your NC today" thread for stuff that doesn't directly pertain to NC's.

When we bought the Grom, the guy was running it without airbox to maximize air flow, which in my opinion is dumb, but nonetheless, I am putting the airbox back on. Not much to these little things. Ton of screws and bolts to hold the plastics on though.

Also to explain, previous owner was an IHRA crew chief and used this as a pit bike at drag races, no dusty atmospheres, so he left the airbox off after he ported the head on it. He said he was going to put a short ram intake on it, but never got around to it before deciding to sell. Short ram intake for these is $130 and I'm not interested in performance on this thing enough to invest in it, so back on goes the stock airbox.

And the dog chewed my trailer light wires into at the plug, so I put on some LED's and ran new wiring harness on it tonight. Old lights didn't work anyways. I sure am loving this new shop!

OSHA approved, right? LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacomaJD; 21st July 2019 at 01:51.

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Every ‘c’ in ‘Pacific Ocean’ makes a different sound. There. That’s your random thought for today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Random thoughts / pics thread Dellaster's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 KLX250S, 2013 F700GS

If A Tree Fell In The Forest...

Random thought as I walked by yesterday: “Pines with holes burned through their trunks make for dangerous campsites.”

Last edited by Dellaster; 21st July 2019 at 12:30.
    Ted | 2013 F700GS | 2012 KLX250S

Quote Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
    Random thought as I walked by yesterday: “Pines with holes burned through their trunks make for dangerous campsites.”

That's cool! Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    That's cool! Where is that?

I’m relaxing (dispersed camping) in the Kaibab National Forest near Jacob Lake, AZ. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon, where I will be a volunteer come August 1st, is about 50 miles south of here.

These ponderosa pine forests are probably my favorites. Aspen groves are found here and there as well. They’ll look great in autumn.

I love seeing all the pics of western scenery that you guys post on here. I'd love to make it out there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    I love seeing all the pics of western scenery that you guys post on here. I'd love to make it out there one day.
    You have two wheels...

Sorry about the photo quality. The forum wouldn’t let me upload anything better. Is it because I’m new or do I need to link photos from somewhere else?

Edit: Okay, I got a linked version to show up better in the original post.
    Last edited by Dellaster; 21st July 2019 at 12:34.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I don't have a random thought for today but here is a picture of me chillin' at GNP last weekend in a hammock a buddy bought and gave me. My first time in one as an adult! I must admit, it was a rather peaceful/comfortable afternoon in it reading and swinging around in it. :{P

Random thoughts / pics thread-gnp-galcier-campground-chillin-hammock-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Quote Originally Posted by Dellaster View Post
    You have two wheels...

Sorry about the photo quality. The forum wouldn’t let me upload anything better. Is it because I’m new or do I need to link photos from somewhere else?

Edit: Okay, I got a linked version to show up better in the original post.
    I wish I had the time, I stay too busy. Work fulltime, part time student at a 4 yr school, self manage a couple rental properties, have about 5 acres to mow between 3 different properties, needy wife, 11 yr old stepson that plays sports....hmm any more excuses I can think of? LOL

I do get 5 weeks of vacation per year, but only time I can travel solo is in summer when the boy is out of school, or during christmas break I suppose. I have to carry him to school every morning, wife works too early. I will make time for a road trip one day for sure, just rather not make it in 90-100 degree heat. I like cooler weather riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    I don't have a random thought for today but here is a picture of me chillin' at GNP last weekend in a hammock a buddy bought and gave me. My first time in one as an adult! I must admit, it was a rather peaceful/comfortable afternoon in it reading and swinging around in it. :{P

Random thoughts / pics thread-gnp-galcier-campground-chillin-hammock-jpg
    Cool pic! That's what this thread is intended for, just share any random thing on your mind or a pic of whatever. I like pictures. I post a lot of pictures and also like to look at others's pics, especially in different parts of the country/world.