Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting

Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700

Hunting

With weather not conducive for leisurely riding, it is hunting time. 11 points with a crab claw point. Field dressed at 185 lbs. Lucky for me, I hunt 200 yards out my back door.

Sent from my Z917VL using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, and it was collected with a crossbow at 42 yards.

Sent from my Z917VL using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2015 NC700S
    Congrats, I have had a bunch of does in my range, but have spooked them as soon as I try and get ready got a shot.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars
    -Motech Rear Rack With Emgo Top Box

Quote Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
    Congrats, I have had a bunch of does in my range, but have spooked them as soon as I try and get ready got a shot.
    One reason I now use a crossbow. Other reason, cant hold a compound bow back for more than a few seconds after a 1100 lb thoroughbred tried to kick my collarbone out of my body. Just sit in the stand, see the deer coming, wait for a broad side shot, pull the trigger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    One reason I now use a crossbow. Other reason, cant hold a compound bow back for more than a few seconds after a 1100 lb thoroughbred tried to kick my collarbone out of my body. Just sit in the stand, see the deer coming, wait for a broad side shot, pull the trigger.
    I use a crossbow too, I bought a taller quiet seat I can shoot from now. Before I had a low seat that was loud when i tried to crawl out of it.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars

Quote Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
    I use a crossbow too, I bought a taller quiet seat I can shoot from now. Before I had a low seat that was loud when i tried to crawl out of it.
    I use ladder stands and sit on the top platform. I do all my practice shots from the sitting position so it is basically muscle memory when a deer comes along. I have 10 acres of land surrounded by 1000s of acres of state owned forestry (on 3 sides). I literally see the back door of my house from my #1 ladder stand. My #2 ladder stand I can see the roofs of my house and 2 barns. My #3 ladder stand is 1/4 mile up hill on forestry property from my house. The tree my ladder stand (#1) is actually in the pic-the ladderstand I was in when I shot this deer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Hunting
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Beautiful! We don't grow them that size down here, not that I've seen anyway. I have a friend in West Lafayette who used to tell us about his monster whitetails up north. Good looking buck.

Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    I use ladder stands and sit on the top platform. I do all my practice shots from the sitting position so it is basically muscle memory when a deer comes along. I have 10 acres of land surrounded by 1000s of acres of state owned forestry (on 3 sides). I literally see the back door of my house from my #1 ladder stand. My #2 ladder stand I can see the roofs of my house and 2 barns. My #3 ladder stand is 1/4 mile up hill on forestry property from my house. The tree my ladder stand (#1) is actually in the pic-the ladderstand I was in when I shot this deer.
    Yea I sit on a 10' platform with a cheap pop up on top. It sits about 65 yards from my back door. I am surrounded by a ton of farm fields, and from listening during guns season, I'd guess no one within 1/2 mile hunts.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars

Senior Member Hunting Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    It was top 20’s and then bottom 30’s, with an occasional breeze until this antlerless buck decided to cross my path. Ten yards away, he stopped and looked up straight at me in the tree stand as I was pointing my crosshairs down at him. Well, we need to fill the freezer, so bang, flop. Already gutted and second buck hanging in camp on opening day this morning.

Hunting-f1c5405e-cfcf-4b22-a19d-b979c401e877-jpg

Ray
    Last edited by Nofear2trek; 11th November 2017 at 11:47.

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Fawk. Thought I got a good shot on a doe tonight. Arrow was sticking out a decent amount. I looked for about an hour and a half on the path I watched it go and couldn't find a drop of blood. Guess my nerves got me and I shouldered it.
    -2015 NC700X
    -Storm Bark Busters
    -Danmoto exhaust
    -Givi crash bars