Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric..

Bike: 2014 NC700X

looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric..

Anyone have any first hand (pun intended) experience with some good cold temp gloves?

I wanna ride into Nov here in Ohio and my current gloves SUCK.

Also.. I have insanely big hands. Most gloves I take a 3X or 4X and they hardly fit so the extreme Italian brands usually don't work for me.

Love some thoughts!
    I wanna keep commuting and at 6am, it's already 40 deg F, probably be back in the 30's before long.
    ĒFill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.Ē

Bike: Various
    I have a pair of Olympia winter gloves that have worn extremely well and have been about as good as any I've had for warmth. No doubt some are better, and my hands still get cold, but I have no reservation recommending these. They must have at least 40k miles on them at this point - could be double that, I really don't know - and the leather looks almost new, which I find pretty much amazing compared to other gloves I've owned that wear out in half the time. Only problem is they are probably six or eight years old so I doubt there's any exact new equivalent. The tag says "Style #4350" if that helps, no other indication of model, type, etc.

Senior Member looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric.. Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
    Love some thoughts!
    I wanna keep commuting and at 6am, it's already 40 deg F, probably be back in the 30's before long.
    Iíve used Carhartt insulated work gloves (not waterproof) for years as my cold weather riding glove. They arenít armored m/c gloves, but they are warm, relatively inexpensive, and have lasted a long time. For more $$$, waterproof ski gloves would also be worth a look at.

Ray

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Senior Member looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric.. FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    I bought a pair of snowmobile gloves that I use in November & December. It takes a while for the heated grips to be felt through them, but the combo of the grips, the hand guards and the thick gloves has proven enough 90% of the time. And for really frosty days I wear a very thin glove liner too. This traps a small layer of air that your hands can heat up quickly. In fact I don't even get to wear the snowmobile gloves until the mid 30's because the my mid-weight gloves + liners + grips/guards are quite effective.
    --
    Fez

Senior Member looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric..
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    I have one to avoid: Alpine Stars Apex Drystar

Senior Member looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric.. GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT

looking for Winter Gloves Recommendations.. Non Electric..

Iíve had winter motorcycle gloves that did ok, but this year Iím trying ice climbing gloves. My brother (40+ year rider) turned me on to these.

Amazon.com: Gordini Men's Elias Gauntlet 3 Finger Gloves: Sports & Outdoors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GregC; 3rd October 2017 at 07:32.

Bike: NC700X
    It sure was a cold one this morning SleepyC, so I drove.
    But I have a good winter pair of gloves with (unfortunately) a HD logo on them. The do make good riding gear, IMO, but they were nearly $200.

Bike: 2012 NC700X manual
    Depends on your budget.

Lee Parks Design DeerSports PCi
    Hope you were sitting down for that one. I dont have direct experience with these gloves but had a pair of gloves from Roadgear - out of business - that used the Outlast fabric - magic stuff.

Aerostich Merino Wool Insulated Elkskin Gauntlets - Elkskin and Deerskin Gloves - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
    I'm an Aerostitch fanboy and I think these are my next winter gloves..

Olympia 04102 WeatherKing Extra Touch

| Olympia Gloves

I use these and like Glenn C posted above the Olympia stuff is quality

AGV Sport Telluride Touring Gloves - RevZilla
    These get good reviews not only from Revzilla but Web Bike World as well.

Any glove will do better with a liner or what I like to do is add wind protection and insulated air by using a rain cover.
    Aerostich Triple Digit Covers - Rain Glove Covers - Gloves - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Good luck

Bike: 2016 NC700DCT
    I have tried different winter gloves with mixed feelings: too bulky, light enough but not quite warm enough, no dexterity, you get the picture. And the same with heated gloves. Mixed bag once again. Finally bought heated glove LINERS that I can wear inside of any glove I particularly like, and bingo, found that that works best for me.
    If ignorance is bliss, you'd think more people would be happy.

Bike: Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Time View Post
    I have tried different winter gloves with mixed feelings: too bulky, light enough but not quite warm enough, no dexterity, you get the picture. And the same with heated gloves. Mixed bag once again. Finally bought heated glove LINERS that I can wear inside of any glove I particularly like, and bingo, found that that works best for me.
    Always wanted to try heated gloves; never have. Biggest source of friction to me is how to do the electrical hook-up? Want to avoid the five-minute cord-dance I've seen others perform to wire all their heated electricals. I've thought of trying to wire some sort of clever connector near the bar ends with a length of coiled cord; never went further than just thinking about it.

How do you solve this problem?

Also, a link for the liners you like?