Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Good Buys HERE

Bike: Honda VFR 750, NC700X

Post Good Buys HERE

Ok, someone suggested I start this thread after noticing I've been posting a bunch of sales in the forum, so here we go. If you find a good buy, just add it to this thread.
    Sometimes good buys come back, so maybe some of these will revive.. if not it can be a good reference for what it has gone on sale for in the past.

To start this thread off, I came across the Honda 10mm Push Rivets. these were over $10 for 25 not long ago so this is a pretty good price drop at $6.78.
    Post Good Buys HERE-pushrivet-jpg

Amazon.com: Honda 10mm Hole Plastic Push Rivet (Qty:25) Gripper Box # 2184T: Automotive

Seems these are always getting lost or broken and if you take the plastics off your bike often you will need some of these around
    on NC700x, also have a VFR 750

Bike: F6B - NC700X
    My 2015 NC700X was a great. I got almost $2300 off list price. New in the crate.

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    Getting tired of dual-sport gloves with synthetic leather/clarino that scuffs away in klingons, and that have less protection than these... I snagged some real durable leather well-suited to off-road and ADV. Nice. Grip well and give good feedback, seem to be very tough too. A.R.C. Battle Born Gloves | Riding Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    I thought PBR was cheap.

But it's not. However, this time around I thought I'd get a real quality chain tool that does it all so I didn't mind paying more. I consider it a good deal in spite of the cost. Here's a LINK: PBR Chain Tool

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums

Senior Member Post Good Buys HERE Nofear2trek's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht tied up in Oregon, but also Space-A alot to SE Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post
    To start this thread off, I came across the Honda 10mm Push Rivets. these were over $10 for 25 not long ago so this is a pretty good price drop at $6.78.

Seems these are always getting lost or broken and if you take the plastics off your bike often you will need some of these around
    Thanks, ordered them yesterday, they arrived today!

Ray

Life is Wonderful, if it isn't you may be doing it Wrong!

18 centuries of the choice, 'believe this way or die', & always chosen life, is a lineage difficult to separate from. I understand. But do not fear my belief science created the universe, I'll never say "Big Bang's Will" made me do you harm. We are a genuinely free & peaceful lot.

Senior Member Post Good Buys HERE ld_rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Black ABS/DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by netizen View Post

To start this thread off, I came across the Honda 10mm Push Rivets.
    10mm?

That is one huge rivet...I think most of the push pins on my NC are about half that diameter.

Where are these used?
    Rob in New England
    IBA# 540

Bike: 2014 NC750x
    The two best cheap things I bought for the bike were mirror extenders to see a full unobstructed view behind me - an issue for some of us.
    Post Good Buys HERE-2-x-cnc-10mm-m10-motorcycle-bike-mirror-jpg

Ebay, <$11. Search for "10mm mirror extenders" and pick a seller

And, rubber throttle grip thingy...

Post Good Buys HERE-31e8tsmsxzl-_sx466_-jpg

Due to wrist and hand nerve issues I need a throttle rocker/wrist rest. I have been using a Cramp Buster for ages but find it a little big and bulky. The rubber one is just the right size and works great.

I just mine from Ebay as well - about $6
    Here is the link, but search for "Universal Hand Grip Rubber Throttle Motorcycle Cruise Control" if that auction is dead.
    "We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." - Douglas Adams

--== Please see my profile "About Me" section for a summary of my bike's mods and customizations ==--

Senior Member Post Good Buys HERE
    Post Good Buys HERE
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Plugphones has a Fathers Day sale giving 30% off. ( DAD30 is the coupon code) I use these all the time. YMMV
    Earplugs | Shop Earplug Headphones | Plugfones
    Last edited by turbodieseli4i6; 12th June 2017 at 18:53.

Senior Member Post Good Buys HERE
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    One for the Canadians. This is the ratchet set that I use. Has the 27mm included. I paid full price ($80) and my only beef was the pricing at the time. Couldn't find a set this good close to the price so bit the bullet. Going on sale June 13 for $45.

16 pc 1/2 in. dr Metric Socket Set | Princess Auto

Senior Member Post Good Buys HERE GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by greenboy View Post
    I thought PBR was cheap.

But it's not. However, this time around I thought I'd get a real quality chain tool that does it all so I didn't mind paying more. I consider it a good deal in spite of the cost. Here's a LINK: PBR Chain Tool
    Weird...I just bought one of these on Amazon. I must have watched 10 videos before settling on this brand/model. Glad to know someone else in our circle made the same choice. Now we'll see if we were both smart or if misery just loves company, LOL.

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)