Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Overpant Recommendation

Bike: '12 NC700X

Overpant Recommendation

I have a Revíit Sand 3 jacket / pant for the weekend rides but would like to start commuting to work on the bike and get more seat time. That said, im looking for a solid overpant (gore-tex possibly) that i can wear over jeans on my commute. Iím aware of the Darien pant from Aerostich and thats about it.

Id like waterproofing and knee protection (as I ride highways) with an easy on/off routine. What other pants should/ might I consider?

Bike: NC700x
    Just about any motorcycle pants can become overpants with just buying for about 2" more in waist or a little more if you have a thicker belt buckle. That's what I've been doing for about 7 years. Waterproof is nice so you don't have to worry about rain pants as long as you commute is not longer than 30 mins.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I have some Olympias, which I wear both as overpants and pants.
    They are waterproof and very tough, but not stylish. Also not Goretex, but they are for cool weather and breathability is not important to me in pants.
    Your jacket probably has some matching pants.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Hey Sasmaster, first...Welcome to the RIDE!! Next, i also use a nice pair of motorcycle pants with pads/protection for every day riding and commuting. When needed i toss a nice pair of wind/water proof over pants and mine are made by Columbia outdoors..just regular over pants and they work great for me. Although they are non-insulated(which is fine), they fit nicely and are very comfortable. :{)
    Overpant Recommendation-me-my-nc700x-moyie-springs-truckstop-tim-tew-july-2018-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I've got the Bilt explorer jacket and pants, very similar. Not Gore-Tex but they have kept me dry and warm (that reminds me it's time to spray them with water repellent) a quick internet search confirms they do have pants that match up with your current jacket
    Bilt Explorer Adventure Waterproof Jacket https://www.google.com/search?stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgEhK2MLGwMLe0MDC1NDGyN DYyMzYyXsSq6ZSZU6LgWlGQk1-UWqTgmFKWmldSWpSqEJ5YklpUUJSfn6bglZicnVoCAO-VLvVDAAAA&kgs=7a8bed96d1c1ccf5&q=Bilt+Explorer+Adv enture+Waterproof+Jacket&shndl=-1&source=sh/x/shopping&entrypoint=sh/x/shopping
    Last edited by rippin209; 14th February 2019 at 04:13.

Senior Member Overpant Recommendation
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    There are some different ways that you can go on this. I am a commuter and ride in almost all conditions except snow/ice. The over pant part isn't too difficult. Take what you wear to your local shop with your boots and try stuff on. See what fits the best. One of the the things that is important to me know is rain(wet coast). The pants I have now have an internal waterproof layer. I don't love it. It works up to lighter rain but has worn as I have used them. Waterproofing sprays have gotten more life out of them. It is a little awkward to show up to the office with a wet crotch so I now carry a serious waterproof bib over pant to go over my motorcycle over pant for heavier rain. If I added what I paid for the two pants I would be close to an entry level gore-tex pant. Right now I am committed but if I were to do it again I would take a serious look at a Roadcraft one piece. Pricey but from what I read I may not need another if I take care of it.

My pants are a Joe Rocket Alter Ego 13 which I don't think are available in the US. My waterproof bib over pant I picked up at a store that specialized in industrial work gear. I took my pants and boots and tried on waterproof pants that would fit over my set up.

Good luck with your search

Senior Member Overpant Recommendation davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    I have Olympias, mine are mesh but with a removable waterproof liner which I can use with or without the mesh over-pants. The waterproof liner makes for a very good wind breaker-keeps the cold out down to about 40'f. During the summer, the outer mesh over-pants are my pants (with bike shorts underneath). 670 has the same set...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: NC750X
    I know it's off topic but What bloody height are you? The bike looks tiny

Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Hey Sasmaster, first...Welcome to the RIDE!! Next, i also use a nice pair of motorcycle pants with pads/protection for every day riding and commuting. When needed i toss a nice pair of wind/water proof over pants and mine are made by Columbia outdoors..just regular over pants and they work great for me. Although they are non-insulated(which is fine), they fit nicely and are very comfortable. :{)
    Overpant Recommendation-me-my-nc700x-moyie-springs-truckstop-tim-tew-july-2018-jpg

Senior Member Overpant Recommendation Ruggybuggy's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC750X Kawasaki KLX351
    Klim, has Gortex and is guaranteed to be waterproof. It's a little more expensive but you will only buy it once and will be very satisfied. Before I finally bit the bullet and bought Klim I had worn many different pants and jackets trying to find the right ones. I've now had my Klim for over five years and it's still works and performs like new. Do it right once

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Anything will leak where your bottom presses against the seat if there is enough pressure and enough water. Even goretex. It is not really leaking in the normal sense but some water will get through. Some scientist can explain it.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]