Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?

Bike: Nc700X

Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?

I am looking to buy a pair of boots to use riding both my bikes, I ride a NC700x and a Goldwing.

I am looking for comfort while riding as well as walking, I am not a super aggressive offroad rider, but would like good protection for the occasional off road drop.

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why? GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Tour Master Epic Boots. I wear them year round. Comfy on and off the bike. Good protection. They also have a ventilated version.
    Tour Master Epic Boots - RevZilla

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why? GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Iíve worn First Gear Kili High boots for about 2 years now and love them. Dry in downpours, not too hot in summer, decent protection, and comfy for a bit of off bike walking.

Firstgear Kili Hi WP Boots - RevZilla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    This is simple. Forma Adventure Low riding boots. I am not off in the woods or single-track riding, so these have been the best boot purchase I have made since getting the bike. They are as comfortable as my hiking boots and have kept my feet dry through many a rain storm.

Forma Adventure Low Boots - RevZilla
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Tourmaster Solution WP Air and Tourmaster Solution 2.0 WP, one of each for winter and summer use.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    Twenty years ago I bought a pair of BMW GorTex lined touring boots, I believe made by Sidi. I'm on my third set of soles with about 150,000 miles on the boots. They are looking pretty used now. You get what you pay for.

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy da vig View Post
    Twenty years ago I bought a pair of BMW GorTex lined touring boots, I believe made by Sidi. I'm on my third set of soles with about 150,000 miles on the boots. They are looking pretty used now. You get what you pay for.
    I agree in large part with this sentiment but in my case I get 3 or 4 years/60 or 70,000 miles out of a pair of very comfortable $100 boots before the soles are too worn or a boot springs a leak. I wear orthotic dress shoes and need comfortable supportive shoes and it's hard to believe that these cheap boots feel that good. One pair was replaced under warranty. I recently bought the 4th pair in 13 years.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    I still use these Alpinestars Roam 2 WP Boots - RevZilla I wear them daily for commuting now finishing their 4th season. They are a slimmer style of boot. The sole is more flexible so there is less of a duck walk compared to something with a steel plate in the sole. I find them a little warm when it is really hot. No real issues down to freezing. The water proof membrane started breaking down in season 2-3...outside of warranty. I have squeezed more life out of them using the Nikwax Leather Restorer as recommended by Apline Stars customer service.

At the time of purchase I was a new rider so trying to get good value on my setup. I don't regret buying them but when they wear out I will get a better boot. Most likely with Goretex but will make the decision when required. Not sure if I want sport, touring or adv boot yet...time will tell.

Good luck with your search. I buy my gear from local stores so I can confirm the fit and support them.

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why? SilverRocket's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700XDLG
    Just wondering, has anyone has ever found a pair of Sidi boots to be comfortable enough off the bike?

I have a pair of the Fusion Airs that work great for SoCal riding and have held up well for almost 4 years now, but I can't stand in them for very long, even with inserts. I just got a new pair of gel inserts to try and will be cutting them to fit this weekend.

Senior Member Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?
    Comfortable dry riding boots, what do you like and why?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT
    After many years of Tourmaster and Sidi (and satisfied with both), I recently bought a pair of Gaerne Aquatech boots. Italian made and a little pricey but the most comfortable ďtallĒ motorcycle boot Iíve ever slipped a foot into. Comfortable enough for walking around in as well.

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..