Thread: Looking for ladies gear

Bike: Honda

Looking for ladies gear

I have always ridden on cruisers so never gave it much thought about all gear at all times. I have my mesh jacket that I bought last year and leather gloves. I usually wear work boots and jeans, but seeing I want to start riding adventure bikes I am going to need something that is going to add about an inch so I can flat foot the bike, I can stand on the balls of both my feet so I can get used to that if need to. Also, I have chaps but they are hot in the summer what do you suggest for pants that will not break the bank. I have a strict budget that I live on so looking for inexpensive but not junk. Can someone recommend a good rain suit I had fog togs but they leak within using them just a couple of times. One last thing good place for textile gloves I may decide to buy some to match the rest of the outfit, is there a cataloge that you order from or just online? Thank-you

Bike: 2014 NC700X, GL 1500
    You might get more relevant results in the female oriented section. Only thing is, it isn't quite as active.

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-girls/

Bike: CTX700
    You can always go to a shop that sells gear, try some things on and get an idea of what works for you. Then hit the internet and price things out! Amazon has a ton of aftermarket clothing that's pretty cheap. (You may have to get out the needle and thread from time to time but it could be worth it!)

Worth mentioning...I've become quite the CycleGear shopper! I like them because they have a lot in stock that you can actually try on. Their prices are decent and they warranty just about everything they sell. There are stores all over the country so you can always find one near where you're travelling.

***Edit to add...I recently bought a waterproof Hi-viz riding jacket at CycleGear for $130. It's very warm, has the inner zip-out lining. It saves me from packing a rain jacket. At the same time, I know I'm NOT going to be wearing it in the Florida summer heat so I searched "Waterproof Mesh Motorcycle Jacket" on Amazon and found a few for less than $100! I like these, again, as they can be beneficial in saving packing space.
    As for rain gear...the BEST rain gear I've ever owned was a Harley Davidson brand my dad gave me when he stopped riding. They're expensive but will not let a single drop of water in!!! Unfortunately, they were toast in my wreck a few years ago so now I have a Nelson Rigg that works really well.
    Finally, for boots, if you have a BassPro shop near you they have waterproof boots for really good prices!
    Last edited by Devilsfan; 13th January 2018 at 06:11.

Bike: ManyhaveIhad
    If you are on the shorter/smaller side, there are often awesome deals on used Aerostich suits on eBay. Recommend getting one size larger than the chart tells you. Example, mint like new size 34 Roadcrafter for $500; that's a steal for a once worn suit. I realize it says "mens", but they claim that if you fit the chest/waist/etc dimensions that the suits are basically unisex.

Men's Aerostich Roadcrafter Motorcycle Classic One Piece Suit. Size 34 - NICE! | eBay
    Last edited by Krampus; 13th January 2018 at 15:07.

Bike: 2012 NC700X & many others.....
    While any Aerostich product is "great quality", it's not going to be what I call "inexpensive" (what PO is looking for). Quality: Great, Good, Fair........gonna depend on yer wallet."Slightly Used" apparel is probably the best way to get good-quality stuff.........Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, First Gear comes to mind. "Fair" quality........Bilt (Cycle Gear). I don't care what kind of replacement "warranty" it has, if it Fails on a ride, it's not a quality product. Ebay is a good place to get apparel. I also used "adhuntr.com" to search all of Craigslist for a certain item I am looking for. If it pops up in a state 300 miles away, email the Seller and make him an offer, include a shipping allowance. The worse he can say is "no thanks". True: it's great to be able to try something on prior to purchase, but that typically means "New". Right now (Cold, Winter) is a good time to find stuff on sell. Revzilla it hard to beat when it comes to returns (they easily accept them), but again, it's all new apparel.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    My wife wears cowboy boots with a proper vibram sole that looks like a work boot. She likes the heel.

As far as pants, she wears her jeans over the bohn armored underpants.

Neither of these is what I would like her to wear, I would prefer a high end mesh like Rukka, but I am not the boss.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: ManyhaveIhad
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Kafe View Post
    While any Aerostich product is "great quality", it's not going to be what I call "inexpensive" (what PO is looking for).
    Inexpensive, let's see. Might depend on your ability to access life cycle costs. Bought my Aerostich in 1995 or 96; still using it today. I think they were in the $800 range back then. Heck let's say $900 over those 22 years; so that's what, $41/year for arguable the best, or at least top 5, riding suits. So a nice used Aero for $300 (which I have seen), or like new for $500, remains an exceptional value and will save you significant money over time compared to those Cycle Gear purchases.

Bike: 84 Goldwing, 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2012 Goldwing
    My daughters have IXS gear. They have a line of gear made for women.