Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them

Bike: 2014 NC750x

Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them

I was looking for a small ratchet tie down to store in my bag for an upcoming trip - mainly to use on the ferry.

I took a walk through Harbor Freight looking for ideas and came across these:

Figure 9 Rope Tightener, Large with Camo Rope, Black Finish

It is the best tie down I have ever used. I added a velcro loop to secure the rope and it is a very compact, light and and secure to carry around.

(I recommend buying a pack of Velcro cable ties... they are immensely useful to have around the house - link HERE)

Manufacturer page here: Figure 9 Large (I bought the one that includes the 10ft of camo rope)

I regret not buying a couple more to keep in the cars and garage. I will be buying more next time I go but probably will go with the smaller size. MEC has a 4 pack of the "small" size with 4x8ft rope for $11 CAD -
    Nite Ize Figure 9 Tent Line Kit

Nite Ize seems to be a pretty popular brand out there - shouldn't be hard to find at an outdoor supply store, amazon, etc.
    Last edited by lue42; 18th August 2017 at 07:08.
    "We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." - Douglas Adams

--== Please see my profile "About Me" section for a summary of my bike's mods and customizations ==--

Senior Member Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    I'm a hopeless gadget whore and Nite Ize makes a lot of my favorites. Gear ties, Keyracks, flashlights, KnotBones, CamJams...the list goes on. Good stuff!!

I got that same Figure 9 at HF too...very handy tool. I used it to stretch my center stand spring enough to get it over the hook.

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)

Junior Member Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them
    Nite Ize Figure 9 rope tightener - seriously, just go buy them
    Bike: 2012 NC700X, GS1100E
    My local Home Depot has an entire end cap in the tool department with the whole range of Nite Ize products. Extremely useful gadgets.