Thread: ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank

Member ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank BigGuppy's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700x DCT

ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank

After the used bike needed a jump twice in one month, I knew I needed some sort of jumpstarter besides the car. CostCo had small jumpstarters with USB ports on them, but online reviews said they weren't reliable. And I didn't see anything I liked at the auto parts store.

On the other hand, my wife's ANKER phone charger is the most reliable one we have, so I was pretty happy to find this model online:

ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank-anker-jpg

It charges your phone, it jumpstarts your vehicle. At $79.99 it ain't cheap. And I haven't had cause to jumpstart with it yet. (If it fails I'll amend the post accordingly) But it's provided immediate peace of mind.

It's hard to find in stock online right now; maybe they're coming out with a new model soon. I did manage to get one at this link:
    Walmart - AnkerDirect - Anker Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter and Portable Charger Power Bank with 400A Peak Current, Advanced Safety Protection and Built-In LED Flashlight
    Last edited by BigGuppy; 12th August 2017 at 17:56.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    This one has been on my list (for the same reason). I'm waiting/hoping that they'll have a price drop (I know....)

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I bought an antigravity MP3. Already used it to start a mower.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Anker stands behind their stuff too. 18 month warranty on their batteries. Wonder if it's the same on this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bike: nC700X
    Anker, a new battery might be cheaper. I have a 2012 with the original battery and have had no starting issues [yet]. It's probably nearing the end of it's life though. I have installed a charging pigtail in the frunk and keep it charged when I'm not riding.

Senior Member ANKER Compact Multi-Function Car Jump Starter & Power Bank GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    I didn't see an Anker product when I bought my mini jumpstarter or I'd have bought it instead. I've had perfect results with their gear.

I haven't had a chance to use the one I got yet, but it took a full charge and has held that charge for months. I hope that's a good omen, because this isn't the kind of thing you check very often. I kind of stowed it away and forgot about it.

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)

Bike: Drz 400
    Anker is great, but compare with Tattu jump starter, the price is high. I bought Tattu's, $49.99. At present, it look like well.