Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $47 intercom set - new - review

Bike: NC700S, Ninja 300
    I have also heard really good things about the BT-S2 which is about $50 on Amazon as well. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were effectively the same guts in different casings, though...

Bike: 12 nc700x
    Very cool, i have been looking for one, i was checking out the Sena, but just ordered this one to try it out, make sure I like it and that I will actually use it. Should be here next week!

Bike: '14 NC700X
    I was just reading the description (in broken English) and it says it supports high speed, up to 75mph. Whats the fastest anyone has gone with one of these and kept it attached? I'm no speed addict, but sometimes you need to pass a car for fun...I mean, for safety.

Senior Member  intercom set - new - review FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Normal road speeds are no problem, even when overtaking traffic that may or may not be doing close to the limit. And triple digit speeds are apparently not an issue for stability or attachment, although wind noise may negate any sound from the speakers you might otherwise hear. I have no idea how anyone would ever have this experience given that we're all safe, legal riders that would not consider going that fast under any circumstances though...!!

I can say that I'm still happy with mine, although I have to mess around with it each Spring as apparently after a few months of not using it I sometimes forget lesser used functions! The basic connect to phone, pair with another unit etc. are still solid, and both me and my daughter have no issues. Rain has not had any adverse affect either, and I ride often enough in it!

Value for money winner in my book!
    --
    Fez

Senior Member  intercom set - new - review davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by FezUSA View Post
    Normal road speeds are no problem, even when overtaking traffic that may or may not be doing close to the limit. And triple digit speeds are apparently not an issue for stability or attachment, although wind noise may negate any sound from the speakers you might otherwise hear. I have no idea how anyone would ever have this experience given that we're all safe, legal riders that would not consider going that fast under any circumstances though...!!

I can say that I'm still happy with mine, although I have to mess around with it each Spring as apparently after a few months of not using it I sometimes forget lesser used functions! The basic connect to phone, pair with another unit etc. are still solid, and both me and my daughter have no issues. Rain has not had any adverse affect either, and I ride often enough in it!

Value for money winner in my book!
    My Bilt helmet has a similar one (came with the helmet)-been up to 90mph on super-slab and no issues with it staying attached to helmet. The fastest I have been on the bike and conversation on the phone is about 50mph (end caller had no idea I was on the bike-and shield wasn't closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Good to know, THank you all!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Senior Member  intercom set - new - review MalcolmReynolds's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I think you can find that BT-S2 on ebay for like $38 and it gets pretty good reviews.