• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

fork boots

There is definitely at least one other thread on this issue on the forum. I use Triumph plastic protectors.

I use these. I don't do any offroading though so just wanted to protect the forks from stones being thrown from cars in front of me. I can't remember where I got them but was probably eBay.

$T2eC16NHJHQFFh)O22ddBRZT!Gr3c!--60_12.JPG

I don't know if it makes much difference on the NC, but on the DS bikes I changed the boots to the neoprene socks. I found that dirt gets sucked into the boots. The socks wipe away the dirt before it gets to the fork wipers or seals. I use the one piece socks which means you have to remove the forks to install but they seemed to work the best. Since I only ride pavement with this bike I left it stock. But if you ride a lot of dirt it might not be a bad idea to check it out.

I don't know if it makes much difference on the NC, but on the DS bikes I changed the boots to the neoprene socks. I found that dirt gets sucked into the boots. The socks wipe away the dirt before it gets to the fork wipers or seals. I use the one piece socks which means you have to remove the forks to install but they seemed to work the best. Since I only ride pavement with this bike I left it stock. But if you ride a lot of dirt it might not be a bad idea to check it out.

Thanks Mike. I thought about that style but wondered if the neoprene would hold dirt and moisture against the forks. Good to know they don't.

I bought mine from a motoguzzi dealer. They are from a 7v. They fit good. Had to pull forks to install. They keep bugs out of my fork seals, and I like how they look.

Another vote for the Triumph fork protectors. They fit the bike like a genuine Honda accessory and keep the fork tubes above the seal clean from debris which will greatly increase the lifespan of the seals. Very satisfied with them.

Shock Soxs are available for less than $30 a pair; removable, washable, reusable (10 second install).
Berm Motorsports | Shock Sox | Ten Second Removable Fork Seal Protector – berm-shock-sox
Don't know anything about them, but they are getting good reviews on the American Motorcycle Association sites.
Thanks for sharing this. Got mine in mail last night and installed. I had Hippo Hands protectors but they looked a bit sloppy. Picture below for comparison.

shock sock.jpg

I prefer going commando....underwear make me balls itch.... :p

good grief didn't know you had any........;)

pigsballs.jpeg

Back