• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Manifold tube wrap

Pianoman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

To "match" with my Black IXIL exhaust I wraped this strap around the manifold tube.

2c445e6875029e469a3745891a1c0183.jpg
3406a94be161a20eeb5f0e9fca580f41.jpg
597636fe588873c4646cda9b60f30f9f.jpg
0e32c23c05e05813f0654f0ab65ab663.jpg

Easy installation but be careful with the small metal "hairs" that comes out of the textile. It's bad for your health, I'm sure, and stick at your skin for a while...(use gloves and long sleeves...I didn't ! )

Last edited:
I always liked the look of wrapped pipes. I read that they keep a lot of the heat from coming out (good) and that they make your pipes burn out faster (bad).

Of course, I can't remember where I read that and if it is a good source or not. I does seem to me it was....

On the NC700X, what is the purpose or advantage to the wrap?

The look is better with a black exhaust and yes, it increase gas speed in the tube but must be wrap on the manifold to be really efficient...

the defect is that turn to white after 6 months (heat + rain) and must to be change yearly for a look "like new"

I believe OP did it for aesthetics. Looks good with black exhaust.

oh so we all going to go on our hands and knees to have looky...
unless he's going to do a slide down the road so we can all see!! LOL.

pointless like the other silly bugger trying to save a few pounds by removing the hand brake.
he could save a couple of pounds by just wearing his undies and no pants.
I'll tell you what though the bike will definitely be a few millisecond faster .;)
LOG.v17-01.Smith_.jpg

I believe OP did it for aesthetics. Looks good with black exhaust.

oh so we all going to go on our hands and knees to have looky...
unless he's going to do a slide down the road so we can all see!! LOL.

pointless like the other silly bugger trying to save a few pounds by removing the hand brake.
he could save a couple of pounds by just wearing his undies and no pants.
I'll tell you what though the bike will definitely be a few millisecond faster .;)

What a great attitude you have about others modifying their motorcycles to suit their whims or personal tastes.

Can we have some pics of the bike from further away, I think your flash is making it look silver.

I too would like to have the pipes all black, won't high temperature stove spray paint do the job too?

Exactly!
Thanks.

My "stainless" stainless steel, is...well...all ugly and stained, lol

If I didn't ride in so much mud and dirt and rain, I'd really want to paint it or wrap it or something, but no matter what I did it would get all covered in crap anyway, so I just pretend to not see it in pictures, heh heh.

no need to feel sorry(sarcasm I know).
you obviously don't know British humour.
I just can't understand why some feel the the need to put pointless bits or remove parts that are part of the bike,it was put there for a reason.
just wasting hard earned cash on something that will not do a halfpence good and would be better spent on something that will improve the ride etc etc.
engine guard,shock the list goes on but to put a wrap on,removing handbrake just to make it lighter etc??

Don't get your knickers all in a wad John. OP took your pour knees into consideration and posted pictures. Just scroll up to the first post. :)

well Fuzzy I never thought of that and for my pour knees dats kind of you to think of me like dats.
oooh matron! I do like to get my knickers in a wad.:p

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comments positive or negative on the bike or any modifications is fair game.
Comments or opinions on the merits of any modifications is also fair game.

comments, name calling or attacks on other members are NOT cool.

We seem to be walking a fine line .............

Telling someone their work is pointless and wasteful does not help anyone and is just short of name calling as well.

I wish people didn't feel the pressing need to go out of their way to ridicule others and their choices, no matter how seemingly strange or daft they might personally think they are.

But I also wish more people had a bit thicker skin, and weren't prone to taking such deadly personal offence at someone else just being a dick.

I'm pointing no fingers and naming no names, for fear of being labled one myself, lol, but maaaaan.:( I still say that is what I like most about this little place, is the ratio of nice people to the usual suspect forum trolls. I hate when someone feels they are forced to leave because of the actions of others.

Back