• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

lowering the NC?

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bollocks it should read lowering (since fixed; title edited by moderator)

at 5'11" I can only get one foot flat on the ground whilst the other on my foot peg.
I can get both of my toes on the ground while sat.
OK I've had my seat altered so this will have raised the seat a little but not much.
have any of you guys lowered yours and if so by how much.
I assumed that the forks will need lowering to.
I'm not going to buy a kit as I can make my own.
how does this affect the handling and them days of grounding the pegs are long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
gboswellsac did exactly what you are wanting to do to his bike. He is in the spine hospital in San Antonio currently, but you might try PM to him.

I purchased Lust racing 40mm lowering links. And dropped the forks (Pulled the up) 20mm. The max you can safely do. Even loaded up with a passenger in hard breaking I can't bottom it out.

I'm 5'7" much shorter than you, and can get both feet on ground. Not flat feet, but close. I like to lean over with one foot on ground normally.

Handling is nearly the same. It's the front fork area that changes handling, if you don't lower the front with the rear lowered it will feel like its slower, and harder to turn and lean into turns. Best way I can explain. It loses it's nimbleness.

Even lowered I can't scrape pegs, I've tried, these stock metzler z8's just don't have the grip, I've nearly slid out several times, so I've stopped trying on public roadways.

thanks for the replies.
like a silly ol bugger,god knows what I was thinking when I typed this out.
sat on my bike today as we were going for a ride.
I can get both feet flat on the ground it was then I realise it is when I'm on some roads which has a high camber or low drop in the road.
thats when I can't both feet down flat.
I some times have difficulty on them roads when I try to manually turn the bike around to go back.
these very narrow roads you can't do a full turn on the bike.
sorry for wasting your time. one must get brain in gear before posting
doh.gif

Lowering the bike will make using the center stand a lot harder. A shorter side stand may be needed.

I went 15mm lower in the rear and 12mm in the front. I was able to retain the stock side stand but the Givi foot pad had to come off.

[...I went 15mm lower in the rear and 12mm in the front...]

The front forks are easy to slide up or down but how did you lower the rear by only 15 mm? Are you talking about taking padding out of the seat or buying a shorter shock?

by using these to replace the original ones.
you can make your own as long as the flat bar are the same thickness as the original.
!B)H(Y!Q!2k~$(KGrHqMOKjkEwQgMlCE+BMMIWqpJ9Q~~_12.JPG

I lowered my beloved NC with Soupys Adjustable Lowering Links and am so glad I did. I lost some clearance off road but gained confidence and stability when trying to turn the big girl in tight places.

Kickstand and centerstand

I purchased Lust racing 40mm lowering links. And dropped the forks (Pulled the up) 20mm. The max you can safely do. Even loaded up with a passenger in hard breaking I can't bottom it out.

I'm 5'7" much shorter than you, and can get both feet on ground. Not flat feet, but close. I like to lean over with one foot on ground normally.

Handling is nearly the same. It's the front fork area that changes handling, if you don't lower the front with the rear lowered it will feel like its slower, and harder to turn and lean into turns. Best way I can explain. It loses it's nimbleness.

Even lowered I can't scrape pegs, I've tried, these stock metzler z8's just don't have the grip, I've nearly slid out several times, so I've stopped trying on public roadways.

Being 5'6" sounds like what I may need to do...What mods- change (cut/ weld?) did you do to the kickstand and/ or center stand after lowering?
Appreciate any input, part numbers or dimensions

Back