• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

bike passed it test.

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well it hard to believe that my bike is 3 years old now.
to our law every vehicle has to go through an M.O.T (ministry of transport test)
in other words road worthy.
she passed with no advisory.
I have thought about trading it in for a different bike but I like the DC.
beside most bikes that I like are way to fast for our roads with these speed cameras about and knowing my luck I'm liable to get caught.
so I've decided to keep it awhile longer.

No vehicle inspections in Indiana, USA. We haven't had vehicle inspections since the late 70s, and the 2 counties which did emission testing hasn't had those in 15-20 years.

A good friend has an older BMW kept in the UK and from what he's told me, the MOT test/inspection is pretty thorough.

I was also surprised to learn that Polish law states that a new bike goes for MOT:
- three years after first registration;
- then two years after first inspection;
- then every year.

It's not like cars that need their inspection done every year so that was weird. I too would like to know what do they check during MOT inspection, apart from things like brakes, carbon emissions, possible leaks, tire condition...

so far, california has no motorcycle inspection (as yet)
but california just recently (couple of years now, i think) inspect diesels (I own a diesel truck).

Ken

Back